best handhelds and/or belts (Read 841 times)

Hey Pink Bunny,

I decided to go with a fuel belt instead of a hand held.  After searching around and quizzing my running buddies, I bought a Nathan Trail Mix 2 (2 10oz bottles).  Just the right amount for me, as I don't run much longer than 2 hrs (for now Smile).  With the belt tight and positioned somewhat low on my hip area - I'm pretty happy with the performance (minimal bouncing).  The packet is nice to hold a gel or two (and a key) also.

On a typical hot  summer day in the south,the frozen bottles will be completely liquid in about 30-40 minutes, and I usually drink them soon after that point while they are cold.

I'm a guy, so as far as fit goes, YMMV

Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

Another vote for amphipod here.

I have one of these and love it.

http://www.amphipod.com/products/hydration/bottle-waistpacks/profile-lite-series/profile-lite-32

FWIW my amphipod bottles also leak now (they are 2+ years old). For me this has nothing to do with midnight, mid-ultra, non kitchen assembly. They leak from the valve/spout/mouthpiece part regardless of how I put them together.  It's not a huge leak and is no problem when it's just water. Recently used this on a long run and the bottle which sat for 2 hours before being used probably leaked about half an ounce. Should I happen to run with gatorade/powerade it all gets a bit sticky! I am too tight to buy a replacement.

Will also say that I have not had any joy with the "full tilt" series. Mega bounce during the run and after a few months the bottle would just not stay in the holder.

2017 Goals
      1) Run more than 231 miles
      2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Rod Staples

Check out IFitness belts there great...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Hey Pink Bunny,

I decided to go with a fuel belt instead of a hand held.  After searching around and quizzing my running buddies, I bought a Nathan Trail Mix 2 (2 10oz bottles).  Just the right amount for me, as I don't run much longer than 2 hrs (for now Smile).  With the belt tight and positioned somewhat low on my hip area - I'm pretty happy with the performance (minimal bouncing).  The packet is nice to hold a gel or two (and a key) also.

I have the Nathan Trail Mix 2 as well.  I like everything about it except the bottles.  The nipple leaks terribly, no matter how hard I try to jam it closed.  Not so bad in the Summer.  Obnoxious in the Winter.

The minimal bouncing reduces to zero when I build up enough sweat to keep the belt in the same place.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

garyspeed

spam