Goal of sub 17 minute 5k (Read 8285 times)

When are you thinking about trying?
    Not until May - July. What you see now is base building. Well and I'm running Boston on April 20th so there's that too.

Runners run

What's your Boston target? Hopefully you get a nice day for it - the one time my friend got to go it was warm and humid and he died....not literally, but he had to drop out at 21. Good luck!
        I'm not too worried about a goal for Boston, just going to run it and have fun. I guess I'd be happy with anything in the 2:50's.

Runners run

Wow - more power to you! If you break 3 that's awesome. In college I ran a half marathon in practice once. I think I got 1:27-1:28. And I paid for it for several days of really, really dead legs. I can't imagine doing finishing that workout, then doing it again!

Tiefsa

mikeymike - How do you get your running graph to show easy, medium, and hard runs. I would like to do that on mine because I am out of shape and all these runs are hard for me now. I don't want to pick interval or hill or tempo. Just easy medium and hard like on your log. How did you do that for your graph?

Why is it sideways?

Training Log - Settings - Manage my Activities - Run - New Workout Type
                mikeymike - How do you get your running graph to show easy, medium, and hard runs. I would like to do that on mine because I am out of shape and all these runs are hard for me now. I don't want to pick interval or hill or tempo. Just easy medium and hard like on your log. How did you do that for your graph?
                Go to your Training Log - Click Options - Click on Run - Click on Manage/New Activity - Input Custom Name and pick a new color. I think that'll get it done.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

http://www.runningahead.com/options/log/activities/10 Go to Options (upper right of screen) --> Manage My Activities --> Run (default) (or click on the link above). You can customize your run types here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Why is it sideways?

Heh.
                      Ay Carumba

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Tiefsa

I figured it out. Sorry for asking. I like listing my runs better this way.
                          that was pretty funny
                            Because what this place needs most is another Goal of X time for Y distance thread. Who's with me?
                            Mikeymike, I am willing to be put down for this in 2009, I have always had the goal of breaking 16.20, I have broken 17 in my past but for the past 4 years I haven't really trained for anything short. I would like to see a sub-17 by July and then the 16.20 by the end of the year.
                              Week of 2/23: 68 miles. Key workouts: 1. Wednesday: 12.8 miles with 6 mile tempo and 4 x 1/3 mile steep hill. 2. Sunday: 4 mile race in a snowstorm in 24:25 for 6th. Pace irrelevant due to conditions but a good effort and I won a pint glass. And then drank like 4 Guiness. And that's what's up.

Runners run

So I committed myself to this thread even though I've only ever done one 5k (and am more than likely on a hiding to nothing!), but I'd like some opinions on how you would prepare for an attempt or two at sub 17 for 5k. I see earlier in the thread mikey suggested it would take about 6 weeks to peak, what key sessions would you do in the 6 weeks?