Awww...nuts! (Read 742 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My son just found his Christmas presents (unwrapped, of course) in my closet... Roll eyes So much for trying to maintain the belief in Santa a bit longer (one of his classmates was already dropping the bomb this week). Angry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What you need now is to get him something from santa that you told him he couldn't have. When I started to doubt, my parents got me a hair crimper (I know, I know). They had so adamently told me I couldn't have one that I was convinced Santa must have brought it. It bought tehm at least another year of me believing.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I don't know. I think we are going to stick with the few small gifts (mostly practical stuff, with a couple of card games) we got him and not give him the slot car set (that awesome one I posted a photo of a couple of weeks back). We're either going to save it for next year, give it away, or sell it on eBay. Right now we're so ticked-off that we may just say screw it to encouraging the Santa thing. He didn't just accidentally start rooting around in my closet. Santa is a treat and it's a lot of work to help keep the myth going once kids are school age. Already we've had to do damage control this year. Now that he's found his presents I'm not sure anything we can do is going to keep reality at bay, anyhow. k

~ Sarah Kay

va

It may not have mattered that it was unwrapped. My best Christmas ever was the year I got a BB gun. I found the hidden gift, secretly unwrapped it, took out the gun, and gave it a try (you'll shoot your eye out kid), then re-wrapped it, returned it to its hiding spot, nobody ever knew... Big grin
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Stephen, how old were you? I used to snoop, too, but not until well after figuring the Santa thing out. The thing that has us most ticked-off is that the gift he found was his primary "Santa" gift. The one thing we needed to stay a surprise is no longer a surprise...so now we have no gift from Santa and will need to shop again. His other gifts are all little odds-n-ends...socks, card games, stocking stuffers, etc. k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Yeah, this was long after any belief in Santa, I think I was 12...Can you take the gift back and get him something different?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, I ordered it online...so sending it back would involve paying for shipping and insurance and it's not super lightweight. He's not even 7, so he's too young to be sneaking around in my closet. did talked to him and apparently he wasn't just in there accidentally. Earlier he saw the box full of wrapped presents for my nephews (I'm going to see my folks this weekend, so I'm giving them the box to drop off by my sister, since she won't be with the rest of us on Christmas day) and that must have set off his noseyness. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here is the car set my kid isn't getting any time soon. Evil grin k

~ Sarah Kay

a lady i used to work with told me a story about how she caught her children snooping one year. she and her husband packed every single present into the car and returned them all while the kids watched them leave. then they secretly went shopping later and got the kids other presents off their lists. the kids seriously thought there were no presents that year and she said the looks on their faces were priceless when they woke up. she said in years to come, when the younger kids (who didn't remember) wanted to snoop, the older kids would quickly tell them there was no way anyone in the family was snooping. Smile
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

she said in years to come, when the younger kids (who didn't remember) wanted to snoop, the older kids would quickly tell them there was no way anyone in the family was snooping. Smile
                      Smart family...though I am loathe to do any more shopping at this point. DH plans to get Dane something else, but it is guaranteed to not be as cool as the car track...partly because our holiday spending budget is shot. And also because we're pissed at him and neither of us likes dealing with crowds and now it's too late to order anything online. A friend of mine said she was caught snooping one year and she got NOTHING. She said she never did it again. k

~ Sarah Kay

What you need now is to get him something from santa that you told him he couldn't have. When I started to doubt, my parents got me a hair crimper (I know, I know). They had so adamently told me I couldn't have one that I was convinced Santa must have brought it. It bought tehm at least another year of me believing.
                        I agree... Get him a hair crimper... or a Forerunner. JR
                          What a bummer Kirsten! Maybe you can have fun with at least keeping him guessing about Santa. Nothing says that Santa can't give different gifts than you guys. He may think that he has it all figured out until he see's presents that weren't in your closet. (maybe add 1 little lump of coal in his stocking) "Santa" did that to me one year at the very bottom, I sat in disbelief wondering how he really knew! My poor future kids Evil grin

madness baby

Whoa, tough consequences kiddo. That car set looked sweet. Oh well, K, now you and did can enjoy it until he gets it next year. . .? Wink
                            deb
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My son just found his Christmas presents (unwrapped, of course) in my closet... Roll eyes So much for trying to maintain the belief in Santa a bit longer (one of his classmates was already dropping the bomb this week). Angry
                              I don't understand. Confused
                                Santa only brings one very special present to each child. Mom and dad get the rest. Thats why its nice to buy presents for kids whose parents cant afford them. (I mean, werent they good too???) Though I have to say I am with Trent. If you and Did do all this work shopping and wrapping presents, why should santa get all the credit??? (Now the Purim Genie, thats a whole different story.....)