First 5k .... (Read 719 times)

protoplasm72

Not running 5k, swimming it non-stop. It took 1:27 but my arms survived. I wasn't planning on doing that much but at 3000m I felt good so I kept going and at 4000m I realized it'd be cool to swim a 5k so I kept going. It was really becoming more of a mental battle towards the end then anything. Lets just say weird stuff happens to you when you swim that long. I think I have permanent goggle marks around my eyes now but I earned them. In case they fade I think I'll take a picture and hang it with my marathon medals Big grin

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Insert witty title here

Nice job.. I can't imagine swimming that long!

ThomasRuns Blog
      Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Think Whirled Peas

Holy crap! That is a ridiculously long way to swim! I cannot fathom (get it, fathom? heh) being in the water that long. Congrats on your accomplishment, that is very cool! Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Another Passion

What Q said! I would sink like a stone. Great job!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Yikes! and, what Q said Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group