Yet another snow day... (Read 529 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

#4 for the school year, I believe. For once it appears that Eryn/backroadrunner's kids actually have school while mine is home. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

very jealous of the snow....
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Meh, it's gotten very old. I think we're close to setting a snowfall record for the area. I know the Chicago area is.

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

very jealous of the snow....
          I would be more than happy to give you some of ours. Big grin
          Ojo

Wasn't it last winter when a man was selling snow on ebay . . . maybe you could make some extra money? Smile

Sara

MM #2929

Another Passion

#4 for the school year, I believe. For once it appears that Eryn/backroadrunner's kids actually have school while mine is home. Big grin
              I saw you were supposed to be getting more this morning on our local weather. None here so far. Just the blasted wind and freezing cold. That reminds me... time to get my warm-blooded arse out the door for my 10 miles. I am SO looking forward to spring!

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not sure if it was a typo, but the NOAA site listed the Hart area as having had something like 15" of snow in the past 24 hours. Hart is maybe 20 miles north of us... Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I'm not sure if it was a typo, but the NOAA site listed the Hart area as having had something like 15" of snow in the past 24 hours. Hart is maybe 20 miles north of us... Shocked
                  Something for me to be thankful for. And, it looks like the nasty winds have died down a wee-bit.

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The sun has actually come out a couple of times...it's so blindingly bright with all of the whiteness on the ground and trees. Now it's cloudy, again. MI: hate the weather? -- wait 10 minutes! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

This is the first year that I have opted for the treadmill instead of cleats...more than just a few times....I think that's a bad sign because usually I LOVE running in the snow. Right now we've warmed up to 36 so the snow is kinda gross. I wouldn't trade it for all the sun in southern CA
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wouldn't trade it for all the sun in southern CA
                        I would. Winters are so dreary...we have the clouds of Seattle, but without the relatively mild temps and awesome coffee. My run this evening will likely be just barely above the negatives with windchill. I miss the sunshine, too. Blah! I'm hoping when we hit retirement age that we can figure out how to be snowbirds somewhere... Smile

~ Sarah Kay

HOSS1961

I do not like cold, short days. I like long, warm days. Keep the snow and cold...please. I could not move north just for that reason...I would go crazy.
                          HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

My legs are killing me

The older I get the more I hate the cold and snow. I don't ski or do any other winter sport so it gets really old fast. I'm going to be a snowbird like zoomy and move somewhere warm and sunny!

It was 50° when I left the house this morning. At around 10:30, I went outside in short sleeves to move my car so a truck could get through our parking lot. At around noon, it had become overcast so I put a pullover over my short sleeves to make myself noticable to traffic (it's bright yellow.) While running, the wind kicked up and it cooled off fast. When I got done showering, it was snowing. It's still snowing. I guess that I won't be breaking up ice in my driveway this evening like I did last night. It takes a long time to break 6 inches of ice up; I was really looking forward to some warm weather to help out. I refuse to use salt or chemicals since I have a stream going through my back yard and it would just flow right down there.

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Lisa3.1

It's nine degrees, with flurries.