Louisville Marathon (Read 811 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Who is in? Moi Thunder Spaniel Candice Tanya (?) Who else?
    xor

Be on the lookout for maniacs Terry Sentinella and Claude Hicks... they will both be finishing their 50 states that day. Terry is usually a 2:50-3:15 kind of guy, though he's running Rhode Island the day before... so I dunno what he'll do. Claude will clock in somewhere between 3:45-4:15. As for the course change back to the old course... the good news: flatter; the bad news: less interesting. The temporary course (which lasted at least 4 years) jumped up into a series of neighborhoods with way cool houses. My Louisville shirt from 2004 has an image of the historic water tower that's at the start/finish. It is, perhaps, the most phallic image I've ever worn on a shirt Smile. Have fun. I'll be in Rhode Island.

Feeling the growl again

As for the course change back to the old course... the good news: flatter; the bad news: less interesting. The temporary course (which lasted at least 4 years) jumped up into a series of neighborhoods with way cool houses. .
        I'm a little confused....the 2007 course was very flat and stayed near the river. The advertised 2008 course goes through downtown and has more hills. Did it change again last minute, or was there an even hillier course prior to 2007? Thanks...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Another Passion

Who is Moi? I've not seen then posting here before. Are they Asian?

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

xor

Who is Moi? I've not seen then posting here before. Are they Asian?
            My bet is that she/he is French. Or, if Asian, then Vietnamese.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm a little confused....the 2007 course was very flat and stayed near the river. The advertised 2008 course goes through downtown and has more hills. Did it change again last minute, or was there an even hillier course prior to 2007? Thanks...
              Yes. Apparently it is changing back to the 2007 course due to some issues with the police officers and road closures. No announcement has formally been made, but the RD confirmed this in an email to me the other day when I asked him. It will now start at the Water Tower and run on the regular course. I heard the question this morning about whether it will finish at the Water Tower or at Slugger Stadium. I will try to clarify.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Confirmed. Start and finish at the Water Tower.
                GP160

As long as I can get off work that weekend I will be flying in for the marathon Smile Any course description? The website has NOTHING! MTA : I'm mistaken.....I thought this thread was about the Louisville KY derby marathon next spring....sorry! Blush Good luck to you all running next week Smile
                  Ironman Louisville 8-30-09

Feeling the growl again

Confirmed. Start and finish at the Water Tower.
                    I have previously been in contact with the RD (Jim) because I need to drive in and pick up my race packet the morning of the race. I'm supposed to pick it up at the Galt House. And idea if this is very close (ie walking distance) to the new start? Thanks! (and yes Trent, if you did not see my reply in the other thread, I can stick around for a few hours post-race)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Galt House is about 3-4 miles from the start. I would touch base with Jim again. I can pick up your packet if need be. Fire me an email.

Feeling the growl again

Straight from the RD: Race-day packet pickup is at the Ramada across from the water town on Zorn Rd. Thanks Trent. I should be ok. Except for the getting up at 4am after having just flown back in from Dallas part...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Email me anyway...I have something for you
                          Hannibal Granite

Running the half - not expecting a PR, but I would like to be about 1-2 minutes faster than when I ran the other louisville 1/2 (Derby) if for no other reason than the course is flat, but also I feel like I'm in much better shape now than then.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Feeling the growl again

Email me anyway...I have something for you
                              Trent, check your email...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey