Boston Just got a lot more expensive(maybe) (Read 1103 times)

Feeling the growl again

Thanks all. Looks like I've got some work to do, but ehealthinsurance.com looks like a good starting place. Fortunately, no pre-existing conditions we're aware of.

Yup, when I needed a short-term catastrophic policy to cover me during my second grad school stint, I believe that's where I ended up going.  It was pretty simple.

I second what Walt said about investigating ANY possible pooling options for the self-employed.  Health insurance is a risk-pooling game, and when you are a pool of 1 (or 2) you are hosed.

The whole insurance and billing system is a sham....IMHO the lack of transparency in cost is one of the major problems we have...but I don't see it changing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Well maybe I'll just give up and move to Canada... oh wait.

Mariposai

Visit your chamber of commerce at the place where you will be moving. They WILL have all the answers for you, the local answers are the best!

You may need a tequila or two as your read over the healthcare policies!

Good luck! and welcome to the upcoming Obama care!!! BTW, it was great seeing you at Boston1

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

A Saucy Wench

But I recommend you just subcontract all your insurance wrangling out to Ennay.

That will be at the low low price of $10000 per minute or any part therof

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7