Help me! Need dinner ideas! (Read 631 times)

Holy cow! This totally brought back the nightmare that was called "Tuna Casserole Night". I can remember taking forever to eat the nasty concoction while I pushed the little mushroom molecules from the cream of mushroom soup to the side of my plate. Nope, I wasn't a picky eater as a child, not at all. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Oh my gosh. I lovvvvvvve tuna noodle casserole! Blush
      SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo do I!! I have an AWESOME recipe from a Emmerill's cook book. Unfortunatly it takes FOREVER to make.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Me too!! My wicked step-dad used to make it when I was little. He didn't do a true casserole version, he did it stove top style. Very simple. Elbow macaroni, cream of mushroom soup, chedder cheese, can of tuna! And there it is. Oh...It's great fresh but does not heat up well the next day.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Know what's REALLY good?! That Velveeta Shells & Cheese with a can of drained tuna and some cooked broccoli flowerets.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Know what's REALLY good?! That Velveeta Shells & Cheese with a can of drained tuna and some cooked broccoli flowerets.... k
            That does sound good, and quick. I like quick meals. In our house with NO AC, the kitchen gets pretty hot, so from the first heat wave and on, I prefer quick meals to get me in and out of the kitchen asap.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That does sound good, and quick. I like quick meals. In our house with NO AC, the kitchen gets pretty hot, so from the first heat wave and on, I prefer quick meals to get me in and out of the kitchen asap.
              Ditto. In the Summer we do a lot of grilling, no AC. k

~ Sarah Kay

Ditto. In the Summer we do a lot of grilling, no AC. k
                My husband had a guy in a few weeks ago to get a quote about putting in central. We haven't heard back from the guy. THIS cannot be a good sign. I think our house is just too old, and too small, and sooooo not worth the work. I'll just camp out at work during the really hot days. My kids too. I'll set them up in the conference room with movies and snacks. Worked for us last year. Roll eyes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We only got a window unit in our bedroom the first summer that we had Dane. Baby wouldn't eat or drink when it got too hot and daddy was worried that baby would get dehydrated. Nevermind the fact that mommy had been miserably hot at night and unable to sleep for YEARS. Damned spoiled kid! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

My husband had a guy in a few weeks ago to get a quote about putting in central. We haven't heard back from the guy. THIS cannot be a good sign. I think our house is just too old, and too small, and sooooo not worth the work. I'll just camp out at work during the really hot days. My kids too. I'll set them up in the conference room with movies and snacks. Worked for us last year. Roll eyes
                    When my husband and I lived in a horse barn (yep- you read right)...all aluminum even!...we used to take rides in the car with the air conditioning on. It'd get so hot in there that you'd hop in the shower, get out with minimal drying, and then have to hop back in 10 minutes later due to heat stroke! Tongue Of course, with the price of gas now, we'd probably just take about 20 more showers!
                      SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo do I!! I have an AWESOME recipe from a Emmerill's cook book. Unfortunatly it takes FOREVER to make.
                      I just realized this is the guy who makes the sausage we buy at Sam's Club! It's got chicken and apples in it. Yum yum
                        When my husband and I lived in a horse barn (yep- you read right)...all aluminum even!...we used to take rides in the car with the air conditioning on. It'd get so hot in there that you'd hop in the shower, get out with minimal drying, and then have to hop back in 10 minutes later due to heat stroke! Tongue Of course, with the price of gas now, we'd probably just take about 20 more showers!
                        Rides with the AC on used to be an option....but, as you said...."With the price of gas now"....the cool car ride may not be an option.

Michelle

Dinner tonight? Probably wine! Big grin
                          2009: BQ?
                            Dinner tonight? Probably wine! Big grin
                            *lol* OF COURSE!! I'm very envious. I may have to drink a cosmo tonight to celebrate with you!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rides with the AC on used to be an option....but, as you said...."With the price of gas now"....the cool car ride may not be an option.
                              It probably uses more gas to drive with the windows open, since you increase the drag on the car. /wife of Physics geek. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And the Car Talk guys concurr. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay