Google does not want you to donate to RunningAHEAD (Read 3025 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So as of today there is no way to donate to the site?

I just donated via Paypal.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

I just donated via Paypal.

Link please. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Link please. 

You have to know Eric's e-mail.  I will share it with you via PM if he says it's OK to divulge. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

You have to know Eric's e-mail.  I will share it with you via PM if he says it's OK to divulge. Smile

*waits for email with debit card in hand*

I think the stickers would be great... to avoid the Pay Pal fee.

Also don't rule out registering as a non-profit. There might be some real advantages.

After all running is a religion... 

Dog-Love

I can't feel good about using this site one more month without giving you some money Eric!  I'll find a way.
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Eternal Rookie

What about selling downloads? Maybe a “the best of 2006 posts” or “how to tie your shoes” or something that you wouldn't have to manufacture or ship. If it has to be original content not posted on the boards for some bizarre reason, I and others could write things for you to sell so that you don't have to waste your time on that, just stick to code Wink You could sell sticker downloads, the user will just have to buy there own sticky paper.

Eternal Rookie

Was thinking about this during my run today and downloadable stickers might be the way to go. There’s enough talent here to design them and to write the instructions about how to print them out on Avery’s whatever sticky paper and then you have a product to sell. You could have a 5k, 10k, 13.1, 26.2 and Ultra sticker that has the RunningAHEAD name on it. The retail value would be $5, $10, $13.1… you get the idea.

Eric,  I would like to donate, but it seems that the only way is by Pay Pal   Is there another way?
                      I just donated to this awesome site. Thanks Eric and keep up the great work.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I'm not a genius like Norman Einstein, but is there some reason folks can't just use the Gift option in PayPal?  Eric need only create a bland email address for donations/gifts (something like showmethemoney@runningahead.com).  My understanding is that either (a) PayPal does not take fees out of Gifts, or (b) the sender gets hit with any fees at the time of sending the Gift.

I love the idea of stickers/magnets, but I've also dealt with the hassle of actually scrounging around for places that make them, minimum order levels, art work setup charges, delivery charges, etc.  PITA, and not one I'd wish on a guy simply looking to continue to receive donations.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Purdey

Self anointed title

Was thinking about this during my run today and downloadable stickers might be the way to go. There’s enough talent here to design them and to write the instructions about how to print them out on Avery’s whatever sticky paper and then you have a product to sell. You could have a 5k, 10k, 13.1, 26.2 and Ultra sticker that has the RunningAHEAD name on it. The retail value would be $5, $10, $13.1… you get the idea.

So how much would the "Ultra Sticker" be?

I would favour an idea which did not involve any extra work for Eric.