Maine 2 DC run (Read 446 times)

highonrunning

For those that may not or never heard of Gary Allen, he is one of those crazy running men out there!  He is looking for support, and company along his trek from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park to Washington Dc for the presidential Inauguration.  I'll be supporting him from the vehicle for the first two days (mMonday and Tuesday) but after that adventure awaits! He plans to cover 30-50 miles the first couple of days than 50 miles thereafter!

From his site:

I'm running 700+ miles starting on Jan 7th from the summit of Cadillac Mountain on Mount Desert Island, Maine to our US Capital in Washington DC. My plan is to cover 50 miles a day and to make it to Washington in time to attend the presidential inauguration on Jan 21st. All are invited to follow my progress, come run with me and help support my efforts! I'll be raising funds for the Wounded Warrior Project and for the American Cancer Society. Please make a generous donation to these very worthwhile and important organizations.  You can learn more about me here. Thanks!

http://www.maine2dcrun.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Me2DCrun

xor

He is also a Marathon Maniac and the RD of two extra cool races: the Mt Desert Island Marathon and the Great Cranberry Island 50k.

Cranberry pudding is delicious.

Melton

I wouldn't run across Pennsylvania Avenue for Obama.

He is running for Wounded Warrior Project, American Cancer Society and Sandy Hook Elementary, not sure why anyone wants to bring politics into this.

No Talent Drips

Right on Happyfeet. Gary hasn't brought politics into this at all. I'm going to give Melton the benefit of the doubt and assume that he simply  felt the need to aver his own laziness.

The dude (Gary) is an inspiration. A crazy man, but an inspiration. He started this run on Monday from the top of Cadillac Mtn (6 am snowmobile ride to the top, 2+ feet of snow) and will likely leave Maine today. Just plain awesome.

Dei Gratia

One of the few things I miss from RWOL is the ability to block someone.  I used to block all those who liked to drag politics into everything.

an amazing likeness

(for those who have run the Maine marathon/half..that's the causeway you cross at about mile 3 on the way out...under construction of a replacement..so course will change slightly in future..)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.