Changes (Read 495 times)

I know I haven't posted here in a while. Anyway, I started school again in the begining of September and have been finding it hard to balance school, work, and running. I'm taking Pharmacology for Nurses and it's a tough class! It takes a lot of my time. Does anyone else have to go through an adjustment period when something new comes on your schedule? What sucks most about it is that I'm supposed to be peaking right now for my marathon but because I started school, my miles have actually dropped. Luckily I have 4.5 weeks til race day and I'm getting things together now. I guess I'm just concerned that these past few weeks of low mileage are going to hurt me in the marathon. Any thoughts or encouragement? I will be peaking next week at about 45 miles. I was hoping to peak at about 55 but that's life. Maybe I'll hit it in the next marathon. Compared to my first marathon I'm still doing well though. In my first I peaked right around 30mpw and that's it. I'm also starting to get the pre marathon jitters already. The reduced mileage in the past few weeks has been wieghing heavily on my mind. On a good note, I am feeling very well and more fit than I ever have in my life. I'm feeling super confident about hitting my goal. My stretch goal is 5 hours if everything fall in place and the running gods are shining down on me. My ideal goal is to run 12 minute miles (about a 5:15)....this is if the weather is good........ My "if the weather is not in my favor" goal is 5:30. FYI, first marathon was 6:03:37 so either way I'll PR. Can you tell I'm nervous? I'm rambling now. Terie
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
    JimR

Your log is definitely on the weak side for marathon training, but if your peak week is yet to come then as long as it goes well you should be fine, given your modest goals. 45 miles might be a big aggressive for your peak week given your light mileage lately, you'll need to pay strict attention to your body during it. Good luck!