Question on preserving my running shoes... (Read 86 times)

dcsevier

I run with Nike Air Presto shoes, but unfortunately, I always "blow out" the outer sides of my sneakers (where the vamp connects to the welt). Essentially, the neoprene-like material tears away from the lower.

Link to image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EXfwva0xnGiuOww9laqRT6LdURAbCQ0r

On older Prestos, I was using size XL, and this happened. So, when I purchased a new pair, I bought both size 12 and size 13, thinking I just needed a larger size. The 13's were way too long, but the vamp area was still tight on my feet, so I returned them. Size 12 feel good length-wise but still tight on the vamp area.

I called Nike to check on WIDE sizes, but either they didn't make them for Air Prestos or they were not available.

Is there a way for me to reinforce this area, so I don't blow out them again?

Thanks!!

You could try stitching them with upholstery thread, and applying a layer of shoe goo. Personally, I think I'd try some different model shoes.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

paul2432

The air presto isn’t a running shoe so may not be designed to stand up to the stresses of running. Maybe try a different shoe.