Lincoln, NE Marathon (Read 164 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It did indeed sell out by this morning.  Hope everyone who wanted to got in!

Hobie1

Indeed, that sold out ridiculously fast.   I logged on at 12:01 and got registered at 12:18.  The flood crashed the servers.

I live in Lincoln and the race is well managed and organized.  The half is relatively flat and has good fan support.  The full gets a little sparse as you near the 20 mile marker, but I haven't run the full since they rerouted the back half of the course.

There was some congestion in the half from miles 6 through 9 but the trail has been widened and the starts are staggered.

Hope you got in.

joescott

I got in.  It took me until about 1 AM because I couldn't get through to the website so I had to keep trying, but finally got it.  Hoping for a good race with good weather now!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

glad you got in. You will enjoy the race. Go to the pasta feed the day before. very good and the price is reasonable if I remember correctly.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

glad you got in. You will enjoy the race. Go to the pasta feed the day before. very good and the price is reasonable if I remember correctly.

$0.00

Heya RunningAhead Pals,

I just found this discussion.  I am a green runner and this will be my first marathon.

I had a heck of a time getting registered.  The pages crashed on me over and over again.  It took me about 25 tries before I got all the way through the process.  Then the glitches caused me to register 3 times.  Luckily the friendly people with GetRegistered.com refunded my 2 extra charges and I just got the money opened back to me from my bank.  But I did finally get in!  Thank the Lord!!

I wondered if the website issue has been a problem in the past or if this was a first time problem for the Lincoln Marathon.  If it's a first, i'd like to know if there is anything the GetRegistered people can do to make sure it doesn't happen again.  I was a bummed out, tired guy at 2am.

Thanks in advance, 

Matt

joescott

Matt,

Beats me.  Took me about a dozen tries and until 1 AM, and I don't think that's because I was more skilled than you at registration.  Just luckier, I guess.  This will be my 21st marathon and I've only ever had this kind of trouble 1 other time before, and it was not getregistered.com.  So, who knows??

Joe

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Matt,

Beats me.  Took me about a dozen tries and until 1 AM, and I don't think that's because I was more skilled than you at registration.  Just luckier, I guess.  This will be my 21st marathon and I've only ever had this kind of trouble 1 other time before, and it was not getregistered.com.  So, who knows??

Joe

Your 21st marathon? You've been at this a while!

Mysecondnewname

Heya RunningAhead Pals,

I just found this discussion.  I am a green runner and this will be my first marathon.

I had a heck of a time getting registered.  The pages crashed on me over and over again.  It took me about 25 tries before I got all the way through the process.  Then the glitches caused me to register 3 times.  Luckily the friendly people with GetRegistered.com refunded my 2 extra charges and I just got the money opened back to me from my bank.  But I did finally get in!  Thank the Lord!!

I wondered if the website issue has been a problem in the past or if this was a first time problem for the Lincoln Marathon.  If it's a first, i'd like to know if there is anything the GetRegistered people can do to make sure it doesn't happen again.  I was a bummed out, tired guy at 2am.

Thanks in advance, 

Matt

I've run Lincoln twice and never had this problem.

Sometimes I wonder if it's at least partly a self-fulfilling prophecy.   The marathon announces (or starts building buzz) that "Oh, No!  Don't wait--it's going to sell out in hours!), and then obsessive-compulsive runner types (that we all are) instantly bombard servers and the result is what happened this year.

Last year, they had reserved 2,000 spots for marathoners before opening them up to the half marathoners, which was a decidedly more pleasant registration experience.

I really think if mid-major marathons wish to survive as marathons, perhaps more might consider adopting last year's approach.

Just my two cents.  YMMV.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Heya RunningAhead Pals,

Thanks in advance, 

Matt

This is the first year Lincoln has done it quite this way.  I'm not a fan of the "Let's see if we can crash the server" type of registration.  I hope they come up with a better system next year.