I am slowly going crazy... (Read 758 times)

Well after a wonderful vacation, returning about 2 weeks ago was apparently not in my best interests. While I significantly cut back mileage relative to my pre-vacation miles, I very much overestimated my abilities and hurt myself. I thought the stiffness was just me getting back into the swing of things... tsk tsk tsk... I knew better but convinced myself I was okay! Anyhow, after 2 weeks of swimming and biking I'm attempting my first run again tommorrow morning. I hope it goes well. The pain in my lower-butt/hip-socket (in that general area) seems to have faded. I will not make the stupid mistake of overzealous training again!! I have to say that swimming has been a great experience after 8 years off and that I'm going to integrate it into my schedule. I'm also going to replace one of my weekly easy runs with a bike ride. In conclusion, while being injured sucks (and I don't reccomend it -- although of all the ppl who have ever been injured mine is quite minute) and I have learned some valuable lessons and benefits of X-training. Hopefully I will be joining the wonderful world of runners again and stop avoiding RA to avoid depression. Fingers crossed for tommorrow morning and a fall marathon!
    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

GET WELL AND TAKE IT SLO............W! Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Slow and low, that is the tempo! Take it easy, be good to your body. Big grin

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Take care of yourself - wishing you all the best as you get back into the game!
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run
          jck

I to have started biking to work but i am finding it uses different muscles and my legs feel heavy the next day. I know biking miles do not replace running miles but will it carry over into my training for a marathon?
            Clark 2008 Goals Run HM under 2hrs done-1:50 Run First Full Marathon Sept 14th 4:00 Finish all home projects---ya right
              I to have started biking to work but i am finding it uses different muscles and my legs feel heavy the next day. I know biking miles do not replace running miles but will it carry over into my training for a marathon?
              It will definately help you train for a marathon. While biking is no replacement for running it works different muscles and allows your body time to recuperate from pounding the pavement. If you X-train 1-2 days on a bike where you WORK, you'll be able to rip up any hills that come your way on your marathon! Smile