I LOVE COOLER WEATHER (Read 612 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

This is worth repeating. I LOVE COOLER WEATHER! Got a 22 miler in at race pace and it just felt great. It was so nice to be shivering before a run. You know the type of run where you can't wait to get started so you can warm up. It was 42 degrees when I started. I think I must have had this huge stupid grin on my face when my running partner and I started this morning. It was so great. Who knew that cooler weather could make a person so happy. I think the other part of this was that I was planning on doing a 20 miler last week and could only do a 6 miler and then had to walk. Very frustrating day but I was still confident because I had already done 3 20's. Still though you just want to have the confidence boost back and this did that. Yeah for cooler weather. I sure wish it would stay.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had a run like that last week...amazing the mood change that an improvement in weather can bring! Wow, 22 at race pace...when is your marathon? You are gonna kick azz! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

I came back from my run this morning intending to make this same post! It was so beautiful and cool this AM. The end of the 8.5 mile route is all up hill and it usually is killer. This morning I ran it hard all the way. Amazing how much stronger you can be without the heat. Big grin
          Man, oh man, I hear ya! I had to abandon a long run last week as well. It was 25* warmer then! Even when we started at 8am. This morning it was 50* and 22 miles felt the way that 6 felt all summer.
          2008 Goals
        • Run 1250 miles
        • Get down to 135!
        • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
          • Here Here!!! Nice run Bearcat!! You're going to ROCK your marathon! Hope the weather is this nice next weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Totally agree! This mornings run my hands actually felt a little cold just after starting! It was great!
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I actually put my running gloves on this morning. Now I didn't wear my running hat because it is not as easy to carry as the gloves. Unfortunatley it is supposed to heat up again No The lows are supposed to be the 60's next weekend Cry My marathon is the Columbus on Oct 21st so I have some time. I'm not sure about rocking it but I feel confident. Thanks for the knid words though. I sort of wish I could be tapering right now while the weather is getting hot again. Not sure what I will do next week. I was planning on 20 but may drop that to 13. My training partner is going to Chicago so he wants to do one more long one but I might have to let him do that one alone as I will have two more weeks after that to do one more 20. Maybe the weather people will be wrong.
                  2011 Goals:
                  It was so nice to be shivering before a run. You know the type of run where you can't wait to get started so you can warm up. It was 42 degrees when I started.
                  I was trying to guess the perfect time to start my run yesterday, so that it was comfortably cool after warming up. I probably should have gone out just a little earlier, for the last three miles the sun was pretty strong and the temp was climbing. The timing actually would have been perfect if I had opted for a light colored short sleeve shirt, but it's a really tough time of year to get your gear right. That's actually one of my bigger concerns for my first marathon attempt, November 4th is kinda late on the New England racing calendar and I'm afraid (with my luck) that it will be too cool. A 22 miler at race pace is very impressive in any weather, congrats on a great effort and best of luck on the 21st!

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

22 miler at race pace -- that's awesome!! I had a great 20 miler on Sunday --- it was in the low 60s throughout my run ... loved it!
                    2009: BQ?
                    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Ed, I don't think it get too cold anymore. Only too hot. As long as I can run and don't have to worry about rain, ice or snow give me cold. Even, rain as long as it is above 50 I can handle. Tricia, what race are you training for? Looks like you are training pretty hard these days.
                        2011 Goals: