Where's the excitement? (Read 269 times)

Come on man, I just got done playing a soccer game, it's midnight, and I'm still buzzed from running in the game. The pure joy of running. That has got to count as speedwork or intervals or something.

I just want to run. Lose more weight, run better. Lose more weight, run farther. Lose more weight, run faster.

Now running is getting addictive, obsessive. I'm not a distance runner, so I'm personally not talking lots of miles. I'm currently not fit or fast enough, so I'm not talking winning races. I'm just talking go out there and run. Can you feel it?

I don't know why I let this go in my life. Maybe I fell into believing old and fat was the future awaiting us all. I didn't fight against it hard enough. Or whatever. No matter now. I can reclaim, if not my youth, my running spirit.

Need to lose more weight. Ok, come down. Go to sleep. It's a slow process, getting back in shape. Time to run more. Run more.

Feeling the growl again

I'm not a distance runner,

De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.  One day you will wake up and acknowledge the truth about what is inside you.

Keep at it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I run like I bar b que, long and slow.  Baby steps, just keep taking baby steps.

De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.  One day you will wake up and acknowledge the truth about what is inside you.

Keep at it.

May be. My aspirations at the moment only go up to 5k distance, so I don't know what that makes me. I also want to run across a yard. One once around a track. Just run.

In that list is of course running 5 miles to train for the 5k. I don't know if I want to run farther than 5 miles. But it's all good!

Latent Runner

May be. My aspirations at the moment only go up to 5k distance, so I don't know what that makes me. I also want to run across a yard. One once around a track. Just run.

In that list is of course running 5 miles to train for the 5k. I don't know if I want to run farther than 5 miles. But it's all good!

Funny thing, last spring running five to six miles was a lofty goal which was going to take months to achieve, now those distances seem trivial; it's amazing how fast your perspective changes.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
            • 2-mile: 13:49
            • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
            • 5-Mile: 37:24
            • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
            • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
            • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
            jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Well if you can work your way up to 5, surely you could do 6 Wink.  Thanks for sharing the excitement...it's nice to remember that running is just playing in disguise.

PS- we played a little football at our Thanksgiving celebration and chasing down deep passes was an absolute blast.

**Ask me about streaking**

adson3492

Please clean up your link spam sig line and posts.