Missed runs due to illness (Read 399 times)

dirtroadrunner

I have missed the last 8 days of running because my husband  was out of town and then my 2 youngest (5 & 1) came done with strep throat and the day they are feeling better....it's my turn. I'm hoping tomorrow or the next day I will feel up too some kind of run. I was up to 3-4 miles 4-5 days/week. I'm hoping I haven't lost all my progress Sad

The first few days back will probably be a bit hard. If you're on a plan maybe you should consider dropping back a couple weeks and starting out slow. Your fitness will probably drop a bit but it will come back quickly as well. These things happen. Don't let it bother you.

Fat butt on couch

What's lost is lost...just pick up where you left off and tell yourself that perhaps you needed some extra rest anyways.  Who knows, it might even be true.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

dirtroadrunner

I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow! Thanks for the input!

Good luck tomorrow! Just take it slow!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

dirtroadrunner

Well I made it 2.5. I'll take it!

SheCan

WTG!   It really doesn't take very long to regain that fitness.  To make running a lifelong goal you just have to accept that there will be down times.  Glad you're feeling better and back on track!

Cherie

Don’t work harder than you can breathe,
                and you’ll never get out of breath.-- Johnny Nuguyen