Notes Default to Private/Course Name Hidden (Read 152 times)

Julia1971

Hi Eric,

I was wondering about two additional privacy settings.

1.  Is there a way for the privacy setting for notes to automatically default to private?  I'd like to take more notes on my workouts but might not want to share that information.  (I was thinking I could put the stuff I want private in the main box but still make notes public in the GPS notes section.)

2.  This one I might be making up...  But, even though my courses are private, I think the name of the course still appears when your log is public.  Is there a way to also suppress the name of the course?  I'd like to name my courses meaningful names (i.e., streets, landmarks, etc.) but would rather those details not be public.

Thanks in advance for looking into it!  You're the best!

J

Julia1971

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure if you put these on your "to do" list but as far as #2, it occurs to me that other than the courses I run a lot, no matter what I name it, I still have to look at it.  So, unless you think other people would like that feature, I don't think I want that after all.  I'd still like #1, though.  Smile

Julia

eric :)

Hi Julia,

I'm not sure how I missed your request.  I'm sorry about that.

I've added #1 to my list of todos.  Normally, I would add this immediately since it's a simple change.  However, since I'm planning to redo much of the log, I would like to defer it until then.  I might be able to squeeze it in sooner since it's somewhat related to the Options pages and I'm overhauling it for another project.

As for #2, the first thing that came to mind was I could scrabble the names to something nonsensical.  That might look ugly though.  I'll have to think about how best to do it but without the funny business.

Julia1971

Hi Julia,

I'm not sure how I missed your request.  I'm sorry about that.

I've added #1 to my list of todos.  Normally, I would add this immediately since it's a simple change.  However, since I'm planning to redo much of the log, I would like to defer it until then.  I might be able to squeeze it in sooner since it's somewhat related to the Options pages and I'm overhauling it for another project.

As for #2, the first thing that came to mind was I could scrabble the names to something nonsensical.  That might look ugly though.  I'll have to think about how best to do it but without the funny business.

Yeah, I'm kinda mad about the lack of response.  Smile

No worries.  I think I'm good with the courses now and I'll just try to remember to click the private button for the notes.  Worse case scenario, the people of RA learn how neurotic I am.  That's okay.  I think most of them suspect it anyway...  Looking forward to the next rollout.