Not running is so last season. (Read 698 times)

Now that was a bath...

I have had enough of not running. I quite simply don't give a pile of poop that my leg is bothering me on my return to the streets. I am no longer willing to not run. 8 weeks should be the basic period of rest for a stress fracture and I have done my time and served my sentence. I am sick of seeing other runners and wanting to be them. I have every intention of blatently lying to people and telling them that it doesn't hurt - which it doesn't whilst I run - it just causes a bit of a limp when I stop (read as much truth into that sentence as you will). I evidently need to run an ultra right now. I have some great excuses for my husband. It's my muscles getting used to the exercise again. Nobody said it would be easy. Disliking pain is gay and German. Its not pain so much as...a limp It's supposed to feel like this I twisted my stupid ankle during today's run. I am keeping it short, slow, and on grass. I have a physiotherapist, a podiatrist and a sport's shoe analyst. If that lot doesn't get me running then nothing will. I have one last card up my sleeve, but I am not even going to tell my physio as I have a feeling she will think that I have gotten even crazier than before. It's funny how my illness isn't even a factor in whether I run or not. When you have been forced off the field for a while then you don't care about illness, weather or any other factor that might otherwisr tempt you to the couch. I am hanging out for the minute when I can run every day for a while. The idea of voluntarily taking a day off seems ridiculous! Remember that everyone when you can't summon up the motivation to get you out the door. What if one day you can't run? Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    Scout7

Disliking pain is gay and German.
      I have no idea how to even respond to that one.....Other than it's funny as hell. Claire, I can sympathize. Today was my last official day of PT (yay). I'm now free to go forth and injure myself again. Not running for about 3-4 weeks was driving me nuts. But it's better to be nuts for a little longer now, then having recurring issues later. Or some such tripe.
      mikeymike

The idea of voluntarily taking a day off seems ridiculous! Remember that everyone when you can't summon up the motivation to get you out the door. What if one day you can't run?
        Mind if I make that my signature?

Runners run

Now that was a bath...

Mike, i'd be honoured. Scout - the German/Gay connection is from a British men's magazine I read (see, I don't just look at the pictures of scantily clad hot chicks). They had a quiz with photos of men with shaved heads and moustaches and you had to guess if they were German/Gay or both. Never had so much fun in my life. Claire xxx
          Scout7

Still pretty amusing.....Especially since I've been to Germany.
              What if one day you can't run? Claire xxx
              I say the same thing about beer. Don't reinjure yourself.Have fun.

Now that was a bath...

All of these are German & Gay. Probably. One is just Gay. Answers on the back of a postcard please.

You'll ruin your knees!

Who cares about German/gay? THIS is priceless! Modified to predict this child as likely to have a parental lock on her door by age 9...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

What if one day you can't run? Claire xxx
                    THAT is precisly WHY I run. I had a bad accident in 2001 and was still having major issues with it in 2003. I was given so many restrictions and fell into a deep depression. Needless to say I pulled myself out of it and told myself I was only as limited as I let myself be and that is when I started running. Didn't take long until it grew into an addiction and I have NEVER looked back or wanted too!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I know how you feel - it's been just under 3 weeks for me since I've had my potential stress fracture (still undiagnosed - my doc seems to be more concerned about my minor scoliosis than my lower leg pains) and I feel I must run - but has been just a couple of days since I haven't felt any pain at all down my shins. I am doing a lot of heavy cross training but I just want to go out and run, goddammit.
                        I have every intention of blatently lying to people and telling them that it doesn't hurt - which it doesn't whilst I run - it just causes a bit of a limp when I stop
                        Wink Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Finished!

I have had enough of not running.
                          Oh I hear you on that. My last run was at the end of January. I got cleared to try to run on the treadmill in small intervals. *sigh*
                          Walk + Jog = wog.
                          I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                          I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Now that was a bath...

Awwwwww, thanks Lynn. Scarlett is one crazy little chick! I love that photo, it was taken by Daddy who just adores everything about Scarlett. She is very much Daddy's favorite girl. As for the running, nobody told me when I started that the hardest thing would be stopping! Claire xxx
                              What if one day you can't run?
                              I'm going to print that out and tape it all over my house for when I'm having an 'I can't be bothered' moment - the fridge, my kit bag, the back door, my wardrobe, the bathroom mirror, my car keys Wink
                              "Tough times don't last but tough people do." - A.C. Green