Feet (Read 836 times)

How on earth does anyone who runs manage to keep their feet looking nice? Is anyone able to share some secrets with me on how to prevent or get rid of calluses and rough spots. My feet aren't the prettiest things around anyhow thanks to bunion surgery back when I was 12...but I'd still like to be able to wear sandals!! Also, is anyone familiar with toe nail fungus? SORRY, probably too much information....but I just wonder if my one toe has a form of it (looks like it to me from what I've seen on the Internet). I was wondering if there are any sprays or lotions out there that anyone has had luck with. Modified to add: As I've been adding more mileage, my feet have been getting worse with caluses. During my long runs I end up with pains from them. http://www.footpaindirect.co.uk/Hard_Skin.htm How about something like that? http://www.healthyfootcare.com/healthy/index.htm Or that? There is probably some simple thing to prevent them or to make them go away but I don't know how. I'm working on figuring it out....The Internet is a wonderful educator and distraction for my work day.

Michelle

Scout7

Yeah, I got nothing. I prefer my feet to have the texture of shoe leather. Helps cut down on blisters. Plus, being male, I generally don't much care what my feet look like, so much as how much they hurt in whatever footwear I have on.
        I was wondering how guys would feel about it. I know a guy who does a few different martial arts and his feet are like a baby's, soft, smooth, and perfect. I'm jealous. I don't know how he does it...I bet he uses fancy lotions or something.

Michelle

My feet are pretty bad at the moment. I tend to run pretty much on my toes most of the time so I impart quite a lot of pressure. I tend to blister up pretty badly and they get sore after quality sessions and races. It's just something I put up with. I've never really had an answer as to how to stop it.
            I've been putting up with it over these years but more and more I'd like to get rid of it. I thought of it the other day when I went to take off my shoes in front of someone and I stopped, I didn't want them to see my feet. I hate that.

Michelle

my feet are yucky. Almost as bad as the years they spent on the dojo floor...did this guy wear shoes or something, lol!? Man. not much difference, IME. I finally started getting 2 of my toenails to grow back after getting THE correct pair of shoes in Dec. Then I went in a few weeks ago and got another pair...same brand Adidas Supernova but instead of the classic I got the comfort and omg. I'm losing ANOTHER toenail! darnit! So I returned them and got the exact same kind of shoe and did a great 10k this morning and felt great. anyway. yes. runners feet and summer are not a good combo for girlies. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

Alright, ladies, let me on a little secret..... Guys don't much give a fig about how nasty you think your feet look. A couple calluses or whatever, yeah, we won't notice. We also don't notice how big/small/round/flat your ass/thighs/tummy/arms are. Know what we notice first and foremost? How naked you are. Yeah. Level of nudity makes a big impact. And not just because you're nekkid. It shows a certain level of confidence to do so, and we respond well to confidence. So unless you're pushing 350, don't sweat this stuff. Fact is, you're a runner. And male runners think female runners are hot, regardless.
                  Is it warm in here? Evil grin No wait, I mean DAMN!, IT IS HOT IN HERE. (confidence - see I've got that) Is this when I tell my husband to get over here and give me and my crunchy feet some lovin? *lol* (no, my feet really aren't crunchy)

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How naked you are. Yeah. Level of nudity makes a big impact. And not just because you're nekkid. It shows a certain level of confidence to do so, and we respond well to confidence. So unless you're pushing 350, don't sweat this stuff. Fact is, you're a runner. And male runners think female runners are hot, regardless.
                    ...still trying to convince did that a trip to Hedonism would be fun...and on the nude beach, not the prude beach. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Eryn

Bad news re toenail fungus. There is a pill you can take to treat, but not any lotions or creams available that will actually work. The downside of the pill available is that the effectiveness isn't that great (I think around 70%) and there's a fairly good chance of kidney damage with this med-- plus you have to take it for a few months. Bummer! Be proud of your ugly feet, you've earned them! Big grin

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

Bad news re toenail fungus. There is a pill you can take to treat, but not any lotions or creams available that will actually work. The downside of the pill available is that the effectiveness isn't that great (I think around 70%) and there's a fairly good chance of kidney damage with this med-- plus you have to take it for a few months. Big grin
                        Not exactly what I'd want to sign up for now is it? Yuck. Human bodies are gross at times. Maybe I'll just wear sneakers all summer long, I kind of like my kidneys. I know what the solution is: I can only hang out with people who run, since they will understand that feet aren't always pretty. Cool

Michelle

Scout7

Is this when I tell my husband to get over here and give me and my crunchy feet some lovin?
                          Yes. Yes it is. We like assertiveness at times. Especially when those times involve nookie. Wait'll you get a black toenail or, God forbid, have one fall off.
                          JakeKnight

Apparently regular visits to the shop up the street for way overpriced pedicures can fix this problem. I'm still not sure how manicures and facials are related to it. But I'm told they're a necessity, too. I just don't ask.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Apparently regular visits to the shop up the street for way overpriced pedicures can fix this problem. I'm still not sure how manicures and facials are related to it. But I'm told they're a necessity, too. I just don't ask.
                              I'm sure it would, but I've never spent a cent on a pedicure or manicure or facial...my money won't stretch that far, it's not in the budget. Maybe someday.

Michelle

Chris UK

Guess the athletes foot ??

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM