For those that feel they dont put in enough miles (Read 1285 times)

jeffdonahue

Check out this article. I have been getting about 150 miles per month in lately and thinking I was doing pretty well - at least for me that is a lot. http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/608106477/m/8691041244 this girl (sorry... woman) ran 214 miles in one week. She was putting in more miles per day than I run in a week. It is pretty crazy and I am sure that my legs would rebel halfway through day one if I ever tried this.

You'll ruin your knees!

Ted Corbett, who passed away last year, logged a few training weeks at over 300 miles (312, I believe was his highest)...considered the father of ultrarunning... Took second place in the London to Brighton (52 miles) several times, once, I believe when he was 53 years old <reminder> At 82 or something like that, he covered over 300 miles in a six day race, setting an age group record... You can do more than you think you can! Lynn B</reminder>

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I put in as many as I can and. As of right now, that's not enough, but the number is growing. I've been wondering what my upper limit is going to be. I think this year I should be able to find out what it's like to turn in a 65-70 mile week.

Why is it sideways?

This guy runs a lot, too. Ultrarunner Anton Krupicka.
            Shocked I am ever amazed at what people can do! Wow.

You'll ruin your knees!

He is one of the most naturally talented runners I have ever had the chance to see in action. He caused a pretty big stir in the ultra running community right after he burst onto the scene to win Leadville a few years back when in an interview, he basically said most of us are badly undertrained! Jeff, I've been keeping track, you've been watching him pretty close...I consider him to be the "Ultra Jeff", by the way... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Why is it sideways?

He is one of the most naturally talented runners I have ever had the chance to see in action. He caused a pretty big stir in the ultra running community right after he burst onto the scene to win Leadville a few years back when in an interview, he basically said most of us are badly undertrained! Jeff, I've been keeping track, you've been watching him pretty close...I consider him to be the "Ultra Jeff", by the way... Lynn B
                Yeah, I'm a fan. And kinda jealous of the lifestyle. Funny thing: my PR's were faster than his in college. Now I'm in awe of his running. I was thinking about it last night in the pool: talent counts for a lot in running, but passion, joy, belief, and hard work count for a lot more. Modified to add the simple point that some seem to have more talent for finding joy, passion, and belief than others...it's always hard to figure what's talent and what's not.
                  Check out this article. I have been getting about 150 miles per month in lately and thinking I was doing pretty well - at least for me that is a lot. http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/608106477/m/8691041244 this girl (sorry... woman) ran 214 miles in one week. She was putting in more miles per day than I run in a week. It is pretty crazy and I am sure that my legs would rebel halfway through day one if I ever tried this.
                  I don't think it shows in that thread directly, but keep in mind that thelearnedfoot (Jenny) was diagnosed with cancer a little over a year ago, ran through chemo, and I believe was considered in remission at one of last checkups, although this lung thingy may be a complication from it. She just likes to run, is really humble, and a huge inspiration in that forum. Anton Krupicka, whom someone already linked to, is a huge mileage person on a regular basis.
                  "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

The Greatest of All Time

Some of us have JOBS.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                      Looks like that guy hasn't found home yet Big grin

Vim

easytarget

I"m not impressed at all by someone running over 200 miles in one week. Which is why I posted the definition of Koyaanisqatsi in that thread. Because that's what that is, life out of balance.
                          I"m not impressed at all by someone running over 200 miles in one week. Which is why I posted the definition of Koyaanisqatsi in that thread. Because that's what that is, life out of balance.
                          Is this some kind of hippy talk? Confused Of course her life is out of balance, she has Hodgkin's disease. Yours would be too. I don't see how you can't be impressed by her accomplishment. If running is helping her deal with it, then good for her. I'm pretty impressed with her (or anyone) running 200+ miles in a week personally.
                            What is the Hopi phrase for "I'm jealous that a girl with cancer ran more in one week than I run in a year. Why does she get to eat an entire ice cream cake and I don't? Wahhhh".

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Just me...

I'm impressed by anyone who has the discipline to do such a thing. Though I don't aspire to run 200 miles a week, that doesn't take away from my admiration for someone who is so dedicated (to running, or anything for that matter). Especially from someone who has battled such a serious illness and will continue to live with the possibility of it coming back for the rest of her life. If anything, I'd say she is taking control of her life and living it to the fullest by doing what she obviously loves, not living a life that's out of balance. That, of course, is only my opinion. Latrice T.

3/22/09- 177.0 Goal- 145(flexible)

Man in Tights

Some of us have JOBS.
                                Yeah where does one get the time to run 150 mpw, especially if you gotta work 60+ hours a week. However I'd love to run as much too.