Woot--first HM: DONE! (Read 930 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If I tell you you're being an asshat will that negate my prior useage of "woot?" Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

wahoo! Congratulations on a well done race Big grin
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
      JakeKnight

If I tell you you're being an asshat will that negate my prior useage of "woot?" Wink
        Unfortunately, no. Although there is legislation currently pending to create exactly this kind of loophole to the restrictions of the Dork Clause. You can, however, apply the cool points accrued though use of the term "asshat" to future threads and posts. (This offer not valid in conjuction with other offers; must be 18 or older; not valid in Delaware, Nevada, or Guam; expires 10/30/2007; side effects include nausea and erectile dysfunction).

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Woot! Excellent job ladies! Yes... L-A-D-I-E-S!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Woot! Excellent job ladies! Yes... L-A-D-I-E-S!
            There he goes again with that word... I do not think it means what he thinks it means... Wink Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

Purdey

Self anointed title

Put an innocent Brit out of his misery and tell him what "woot" means.... if anything. Confused

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's a whole bunch o' definitions I like to think of it like Homer Simpson's "whoohoo!" Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Put an innocent Brit out of his misery and tell him what "woot" means.... if anything. Confused
                  All it means with absolute certainty is that the user of the aforementioned term "woot" is probably an uber-geek of the first order who spends way too much time watching Star Trek and playing online computer games in which they proudly slay dragons with their Magical Sword of Dorkdom. For an up close and in-depth exploration of all things "woot," I recommend the following viewing (and its sequels), in which you'll learn how to become "leet," see people get "pwned," and hear triumphant cries of "woot"-ness. Caution - it's not pretty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvI-NA0Jns&mode=related&search= Modified to add the first definition from Her Royal Dorkness' link. I rest my case. Here is "woot" in all its sullen glory:
                  Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t". "w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement. "I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!" "woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes) "Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

Big grin Hey, results are up! Here are mine... 2:14:35 (10:16/mile) 27 of 46 women my age 492 of 705 total runners Smile k
                    Way to go, K! You won the race between the last 213 people! You are the BEST! I'll just have to throw out a WOOT on your behalf! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Way to go, K! You won the race between the last 213 people! You are the BEST! I'll just have to throw out a WOOT on your behalf! Lynn B
                      Ha, I LOVE your way of looking at things! Big grin What I am the most thrilled by is my big comeback since my previous longest race. I was dead last for my age group in that race and it wasn't really a very fun experience, so to finish so much better for this race--my big goal race for the year--still has me grinning! Smile Every moment of this HM was excellent (with the exception of losing Eryn at the portajohns...I spent the rest of the race looking behind me every so often in the hopes that she would be catching back up to me). Next year I want to do this in under 2 hours...I have my work cut out for me, but I think I can do it if I work my butt off (literally and figuratively) in the coming year! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

W00T.... got it.... bit sad really. However.... awesome performance in the race Kirsten. Good luck in training for a sub 2hrs... we are all behind you!! (and what a lovely place to be) Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

we are all behind you!! (and what a lovely place to be) Wink
                          Hmmm...perhaps we should change your membername to "pervy." k

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

ROFL - no offence (or perviness meant)!!! Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

None taken...but I'm still laughing! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Slinky

Purdey get back in your box. Wink