My favorite triathlete... (Read 1107 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yum! Though that doesn't sound like a particularly difficult event. The swim would be the hardest part, IMO. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

That's like saying a half marathon (or 5k, or 10k, or marathon or 3,000 or insert distance here) isn't a very difficult event. Depends on how hard you run it. It's a race, not an Everest-esque challenge. Just ask Mishka how hard an 800 can be. He's not a bad looking guy but he always looks sad.

Runners run

Mishka-old log

Or, you could ask me how hard a triathlon is. Sprint: distances vary, but typically 1/2 mile swim, 15 mile bike, 4 mile run Olympic: 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 10k run Both distances are dizzyingly brutal. The swim hurts, the bike hurts worse, the run is brutal. 1/2 Ironman: 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run A fit triathlete will race the entire distance. Real pain sets in within 10 miles on the bike. The run...better find a happy place. Ironman: 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run There are no words. Actually, the swim doesn't hurt at all. If it does, forget about finishing. You don't really get into much of a true pain zone on the bike either, but it's no cake walk. It is impossible to describe the run. It's been 4 years and I can't even conjure the feeling. Your mind blocks out most of it. What you do remember seems to be slow motion, which is also how the run feels while you're doing it.