Ads are launched (Read 2086 times)

eric :)

Hi everyone,

As you can tell, I turned on ads today.  Please DO NOT click on the ads with the sole purpose to generate revenue for me because it is considered fraudulent.  It may result in Google banning RA from its ad network.

For everyone that has ever donated, I converted your donations to subscription plans.  The length of the subscription depended on the amount.  Most donors will not see ads for at least a year.  For some individuals, their subscription last for decades.  Regardless of the amount, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generosity.

I added a "Subscription Plan" to the Options page that allows you to purchase a subscription to disable the ads.  If you have a plan, you can optionally enable the ads if you like.  It's up to you.

Now that it is done, I will start work on the training plan.  I'm hoping it will be done before my wedding but no promises.

eric Smile

xor

You are the grooviest of all the groovy people I know.

L Train

For everyone that has ever donated, I converted your donations to subscription plans.  The length of the subscription depended on the amount.  Most donors will not see ads for at least a year.  For some individuals, their subscription last for decades. 

2 things. 

First, I subscribed, and am seeing ads.  No problem at all, and it may be because it was just today, but thought you should know.

Second, even though I may be subscribed years into the future, will there still be a way to donate as I see fit?

First, I subscribed, and am seeing ads.  No problem at all, and it may be because it was just today, but thought you should know.

Same on my end, but like L Train, it isn't a problem.  The ones that show up in between posts are a little weird though.

L Train

I see I can donate my car, so that's cool.

Feeling the growl again

The ads are unobtrusive...kudos for not going with the floating kind that block your view unless you chase them down to close them Wink

Double kudos for instituting the subscription plan system, yet another feature that puts you a level above other sites.

Despite the ads not bothering me I think I should subscribe for a few years now just because I should have donated long ago.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

2 things. 

Second, even though I may be subscribed years into the future, will there still be a way to donate as I see fit?

Go to: http://www.runningahead.com/options/subscription

From there, you can check to see ads or not (if you've subscribed, if not you can subscribe there), and there will also be a donate button.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Prince of Fatness

I donated a few months ago and I see that I have a subscription with an end date.  I also see a donate button, so I am assuming that I can donate anytime I want.

Thanks Eric!

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

2 things. 

I'm looking into this problem right now.

L Train

Go to: http://www.runningahead.com/options/subscription

From there, you can check to see ads or not (if you've subscribed, if not you can subscribe there), and there will also be a donate button.

This does not work for me, but again, I'm assuming it's because my subscription/donation was submitted this morning.  No worries, I'll check back in "options" in a few days.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For some individuals, their subscription last for decades.

I REALLY don't want to outlive mine... Evil I will definitely be donating again LONG before it expires, as well. Wink  And I'm keeping my ads active, for now.  I'm seeing a lot of retailers that I use, anyhow.  Kinda nice that I can benefit you and RA when I shop online. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

2 things. 

I'm the reverse, I did not hit subscribe (yet) but do not see any ads.  Maybe it is that I donated earlier and have my first year ad-free.  But I also dont see a checkbox to turn them on/off.

But at any rate, maybe a place on the subscription page that tells when your subscription runs out would be helpful.

Another idea I thought of.  There's a climbing (mountain/rock climbing) forum that I frequent that has a section where you can click through to different retailers to make purchases... the site then gets a referral fee for people who click through to order via that method.  He makes a good percentage of his revenue via that channel. 

Might be another revenue stream worth looking at...

- Chris

xor

I see I can donate my car, so that's cool.

You are a runner!

Eric, thank you! I'll definitely renew my sub. Smile