Four Mile Races (Read 509 times)

Looking to find a decent training program for a four mile race here in about 7 weeks. Just finished a 5k program so my base is fine, but looking to hit about 26 minutes for the race here. Anyone know of a program for 4 milers, or would this just be a great time to make up my own program?
      just use a 5k-10k program...

Prince of Fatness

I ran a couple of 5K's and a 4 miler over the summer and didn't find the 4 miler to be all that much different than the 5K's. I really liked the 4 miler from a planning standpoint ... you get a split right at the halfway point. I think you'd be OK planning as if it was a 5K.

Not at it at all. 

A Saucy Wench

keep going on your 5K program...look at the way it ramped up and keep ramping, or follow a 10K program. Personally I would do the full 10K program. Training for 6 makes it easier to run 4

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yeah. Based on my 5k time, I'd like to post a 26, and really awesome if it'd be <26 minutes.="" based="" on="" the="" results="" i="" found="" online="" from="" 2="" years="" ago,="" it'd="" be="" a="" top="" 5="" finish,="" which="" would="" make="" me="" feel="" super="" great.="" i="" like="" your="" thinking="" ennay.="" now="" it's="" just="" time="" to="" find="" a="" fun="" 10k="" program="" to="" jump="" on.="" so,="" i="" guess="" i="" can="" re-ask="" a="" question="" -="" based="" on="" my="" current="" training="" (you="" can="" check="" out="" my="" log,="" or="" look="" at="" the="" program="" i="" followed=""></26>here what kind of 10k program would be best for me to follow. I enjoyed the interval workouts a lot. The weekend long runs are where I hurt the most, because I wasn't taking the easy days easy for the first couple of weeks, but instead I was running a moderate pace and wasn't allowing recovery. Once I began to do easy days (8:45-9:00 min/mile) then I was much more in tune to do the long runs. Nonetheless, after my 5k on Saturday, I find myself asking, "What if I had hit the long runs harder? Or just done them a little more consistently..." So, after my pointless rant - any suggestions that would flow naturally from my 5k? MTA: Found the 10k version of the 5k on RW - here. Good idea?