Which winter running gloves? (Read 190 times)

hectortrojan

It doesn’t snow where I live. It goes around freezing few times in winter. But I still struggle with cold hands sometimes. I have some winter running gloves from Nike and some winter running gloves from Costco. I tried putting both of them at same time but I still struggle sometimes. After an hour into the run, my hands get frozen and I have had hard time even tearing gel packet using my hands.

Which winter running gloves should I look at?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

If my hands are getting really cold on runs, I switch to mittens instead of gloves. Mittens are warmer.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Feeling the growl again

Yoko cross-country ski gloves.  I used them in an area that got 300 inches of snow on average and several winters went 30+ days straight below zero F.

Mine are >15 years old and still going...quality.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

PDoe

I've developed a preference for mechanic's gloves. They block the wind very well and provide just enough insulation to not get sweaty inside. They're easily machine washed, don't shrink and they can be gotten cheaply at Walmart or other big box stores.

Gator eye

I wear a cheap pair of jersey gloves inside of wool mittens. That way if my hands sweat I can change out the gloves and still have dry mittens. If I'm going over a hour or two I carry a coule hand warmer pads.

joescott

If my hands are getting really cold on runs, I switch to mittens instead of gloves. Mittens are warmer.

Yep.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

spinach

I have a pair of work mittens that i bought in a small Amish general store in  northeast Ohio.  It has a very tough, wind resistant, water resistant outside and very warm inside liners.  They look a lot like kitchen oven mittens.  But they are very warm and I wear them with a pair of jersey of warmer gloves inside the mittens. I have Raynaud's syndrome and so I really wear gloves most of the year and need a reallly warm pair up here in Minnesota in winter.  These gloves work pretty good and help keep my fingers from freezing.

Driver, Runner, Bestie

My kids steal any gloves or mittens we have, so I have taken to wearing socks over my hands.  Its really warm.  My fingers are huddled together and I can still claw grab the dog leash.  So far, so good to about 10 above.

running metalhead

I use "El Cheapo" fleece gloves and these with finger tips made for the iPad.

When it's really cold I use two pairs, but it's a lot of time since we had a "real" winter here in Holland, and then it was only a week with a bit of snow and some ice and then again above 0 C,

Plus: When it gets really cold or cold and wet I use petroleum jelly or oil, works wonders, also on my feet, nose and ears.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                    - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                    - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                    - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                    - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                    - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Joann Y

I use "El Cheapo" fleece gloves and these with finger tips made for the iPad.

Don't mind me, just out for a jog.

Cyberic

It doesn’t snow where I live. It goes around freezing few times in winter. But I still struggle with cold hands sometimes. I have some winter running gloves from Nike and some winter running gloves from Costco. I tried putting both of them at same time but I still struggle sometimes. After an hour into the run, my hands get frozen and I have had hard time even tearing gel packet using my hands.

Which winter running gloves should I look at?

I wear just thin running gloves down to about -15 C. Lower than that I wear heavier winter gear (not designed for running), but that's not very comfortable. I sweat too much in them. Lots of good ideas here. Socks. Mittens. Think I might ask my sister to knit me some mittens Smile

exponentiate

Think I might ask my sister to knit me some mittens Smile

As someone who's knit mittens, one drawback is that you feel weird wiping snot on hand-knit mittens - YMMV. Smile

MazyRuns

As someone who's knit mittens, one drawback is that you feel weird wiping snot on hand-knit mittens - YMMV. Smile

As a runner, I don't feel weird wiping snot on anything.

5K--19:01  10k--40:40   half--1:35:47   full--3:17.28

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As a runner, I don't feel weird wiping snot on anything.

Wipe snot on me and I'll make you feel weird.

#artbydmcbride

Snot rocketing expertise means not having wipes of snot on your mittens. 

Runners run