inexpensive running clothes (Read 2677 times)

I need at least 3 new shirts, 2 shorts, 3 hats, and 1 bra. I have no money. All the tech shirts are at least $25 ( or more ) And hats are between $15 and $20. Any suggestions?

- Anya

St. Vincent DePaul. I picked up 10 shirts there last month for $10. They were off the rack dress shirts but I'm sure they have T's and other gear suitable for running. Goodwill or similar may also have what you need. Just wash the hats before you use them. Well wash everything but especially the hats.

Jill_B

I fly.

Target has good stuff that isn't too expensive as does TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Also, running stores often have last year's style/colors on sale.

Bring it on.

#artbydmcbride

I got a free hat from roadrunner sports at a race expo. Race expos are great for picking up goodies being given away as promotional items.

Runners run

Ben Running

I need at least 3 new shirts, 2 shorts, 3 hats, and 1 bra. I have no money. All the tech shirts are at least $25 ( or more ) And hats are between $15 and $20. Any suggestions?
            WalMart - they have great running clothes very cheap. Big selection of the "dry" shirts by Starter. Mine have all held up very well.
            celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Target has good stuff that isn't too expensive as does TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Also, running stores often have last year's style/colors on sale.
              +1 on target. The champion stuff works well and isn't too pricy.

Chris
              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Thanks, I'll try them. Why are they so expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, my Mom sews. She says the fabric stores do NOT sell the dri wicking fabric at all. How weird is that?

- Anya

Slo

Anya +2 on the Target Champion C9 stuff. Good stuff at reasonable prices.
                    +1 on target. The champion stuff works well and isn't too pricy.
                    In stores that I visit, Target puts their Champion stuff on clearance every fall. I have quite a few shirts from Target, all of which cost no more than $5 each and some as low as $2.
                    kcam

I never pay full price on any of the stuff I use for running. I'm always on the lookout for shirts & shorts and will 'bite' if a decent shirt or pair of shorts is less than $15. I have more than I can use now. I have 2 hats and 2 visors - all of which were swag from races I've run. Is women's running stuff more expensive than men's?
                        +2 on the Target Champion C9 stuff. Good stuff at reasonable prices.
                        +3 on the C9, about 80% of my running gear is C9 and it has held up remarkably well considering the prices. Keep an eye on the weekly ad, when it's on sale the regular sized shirts go as low as seven or eight bucks. Regardless of why I've stopped in to Target, I always check the clearance racks. It is usually stuff going out of season (like compression turtlenecks now) but sometimes they are just down to the last few pieces of an in-season item. Last week they were clearing out windbreakers for $12.50. You can even find some good clearance buys on target.com, even if you include the shipping. It takes some time, because you check out an items and like it but then find they don't have your size. If I'm interested, I click the size dropdown first. And online be careful about the material for the clothing, they aren't all tech fabrics. Some are all or a high percentage of cotton. Target C9 clearance for women

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Giant Flaming Dork

Kohls has the Tek Gear line of wicking fabrics. Sometimes they put them on clearance ~$4/shirt ~$6/shorts. They are very good (on par with target's stuff), and are the best that I have at not chaffing the nips. (for reference, I have tek gear, C9(target), adidas, reebok, and nike tech shirts) I haven't seen a technical hat on sale

http://xkcd.com/621/

+4 (?) on the Target Champion C9 range and just to add that Costco also sells it, at pretty much similar prices but usually with only a couple of items versus the large range Target usually has. The Champion range also holds up to wear and repeated washing really well, better than a lot of more expensive gear. If you want to go even cheaper then check out Sierra Trading Post http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ They usually have Hind gear at greatly reduced prices - often running shorts and shirts in the $5 range.
                            Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.
                              This is for guys, but I'm a big fan of the USMC PT shorts. I order them from here: http://www.usmcblues.com/ptgear.html for pretty cheap and they are excellent running shorts. I also have always worn thin cotton undershirts (except in the winter when I wear a regular longsleeved t-shirt from a race) and socks and have never really had a problem with them -- I understand the reason for the fancy fabrics and whatnot but it has never effected me (except for shorts).
                              For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.

Tiefsa

tech shirts seem to hold the body odor in a bit too much? Is that normal - my other cotton shirts come out of the wash fine?