Ugggggggggggg freaken Allergie's! (Read 608 times)

Talk about timing!! Go out for my run this morning. Get home and next thing you know I feel something in my right nose (kind of burning but not) next thing you know my eyes and nose won't stop running and I'm sneezing up a storm. Here it is a couple hours later and it's STILL going on Confused I'll be damned if this is still going on come Sunday (marathon day)! Guess I should load myself up on allergy meds!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

mikeymike

Just don't take anything that will dehydrate you. I know when my allergies flare up they bother me at all times except when I'm running (since when I'm running my eyes water and my nose runs anyway?) so if you can deal until the gun goes off, you might be just fine. Good luck!!

Runners run

I took some Clariton for today and won't be taking anything tomorrow. Definetly will be drinking extra water no matter what. Come Sunday I'm just going to have to HFTU! Thanks Mike!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pam, we have had several days where it has dipped below freezing at night -- it has made a WORLD of difference in my own symptoms. I hope you get a night or two of this before Sun. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've taken Clariton before marathons and half-marathons, and I don't think I had any adverse effects. I have always avoided taking Sudafed or similar, however, for fear that they would mess me up. Anyone have any experiences with that?

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

mikeymike

I've had problems with muscle cramps--which I almost never have--after taking sudafed. I think because it's a pretty strong diuretic. I've never had any problems with Claritin and that's all I generally take or my allergies.

Runners run