My running "plan" (Read 253 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

At some point, closer to age 30+ than 20, your body is likely to transition to being competitive in distance running rather than sprinting, but I'd say your running life doesn't have to end at 25.

#artbydmcbride

....as a guy, things start to slowly go downhill physically starting about 20-21. ........

Luckily I am not a guy!   

Runners run

According to Noakes, the average age of marathon winners is about 29.

Look up the age group results for the Honolulu marathon if you want to see what really old people can do.

Here's a thread: https://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/a5db9a59ebb6463c8fb013c835141ddd

Your running life ends when you quit running.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Luckily I am not a guy!   

You're still just a kitten! Smile

Here's what I've got, I don't consider it a "plan" of any sorts. Currently what I do is the following - run at least 5 a day if possible (take a day off if I need it), and if I feel good on a run, I do what a friend of mine used to call a "stinger", which means run the last mile or so all-out. Since my goals aren't really anything beyond weight and body fat maintenance, and cardiovascular health, I don't really worry about times, but these days I seem to dwell between 7:30-9:30 average miles. I daresay if I can just keep doing this for the next decade I'll be in a good place.

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!