It's Sunday,,,, anyone running?? (Read 830 times)

Just thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone is up to today. I'm going to see a movie ,maybe shopping, then tonight I'll hit the trails.
    Daddy's littel girl.
      I did a 6 miler this morning in 50:53, which is my best time since PF got me last fall Big grin. It was a beautiful morning; about 53F and cloudy with a nice breeze. Cool
      "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I also had a really nice 40 minute run at about 11AM. Beautiful weather...sunny, 65 or so, light, refreshing breeze. It was heavenly. Definitely one of my more enjoyable running sessions. In a bit my son and I will be going to pick my mom and nephew up from the Lake MI Carferry in Ludington, MI (about 45 minutes N of us). My mom and nephew (almost 5--just 7 months younger than my son) are coming for about 9 days from WI (my home state). Heh, and one bonus of them being here is that it will be easier for me to get my runs in without having to work around my DH's work and biking schedule. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Heh. I was up playing monopoly on the computer. I'm running as soon as I kick "moneybag's" tail...

Roads were made for journeys...

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

No running for me. My sneakers are still soaked from yesterday's run. Running in the rain is definitely not fun!!!

gimme some sugar, baby

I'm taking today through wednesday off. I just finished running my third race in a month yesterday (it went really well) and now I'm giving myself some time to recover since my quad is sore. But glad to know somebody is out there running!
              George: Runner/Law Student
              www.gimme-five.com
                last 8 miler before Grandma's Marathon this Saturday. I'll be taking it easy the rest of the week.
                  I had hoped to run today, but I cleaned house all day. I forced the kids into a major overhaul of their bedrooms & had to supervise!! Also, I'm behind & overwhelmed by my Wyoming trip preparations. And tonight, the kids (ages 6,7&8) are going on their first "camping trip" to the front yard, so I have to settle them in to the tent!! Wink We bet them a dollar each if they would still be in the tent in the morning... I think my finances are secure! Big grin I'll be running tomorrow morning though. Hopefully I'll get in 6 miles early tomorrow, chasing 3 kids on bikes the whole time. I need to burn some running energy before I drive a truck w/ horse trailer for 24+ hours! For a trip like that, the Norwegians have a little saying (I lived in Norway for a year many years ago): Jeg har tre smak i raeve. Translation: I have a tree taste in my ass! Big grin Big grin
                  So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                    hey, avatars! When did that happen? I missed it... Sleepy no running today...I am glad that I can get up and down today without excruciating pain. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a run in tomorrow.

Jennifer mm#1231

And tonight, the kids (ages 6,7&8) are going on their first "camping trip" to the front yard, so I have to settle them in to the tent!! Wink We bet them a dollar each if they would still be in the tent in the morning... I think my finances are secure! Big grin
                      Phew...my $3 investment is safe. The kids retired to the tent at approx 8:30pm & were snuggled in their beds inside by 9:55!! Little chickensheits!!! I even left the dogs out there to guard them. My daughter was afraid the cows would come through the fence & knock over their tent. My step-son was sure that the cows mooing meant that coyotes were coming to eat them (further fueling my daughter's fears). My son said heck with this when his sibs chickened out on him!!
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

next time, why don't you try setting up the tent inside? If you have a pop-up, that can work. That way they can get used to one strange thing (tent) at a time (before outside). But no, the end result's not that surprising for a first try. Perhaps sometime when you're not tired you can stay out overnight with them in the tent... by the way, one thing about WY that you may have forgotten - the dry, windy climate! You'll get dehydrated a lot faster, even by just standing still in the wind... bring lots of water when you go out, and have fun!

Here it is almost midnight, and just got back from my run. I ran 3.5 miles and felt great. There was hardly any wind, so it wasnt too cold like most evening here in monterey. Just about perf conditions. all, and all a nice fun run..... now time for shower and bed. Morning is a comming fast! Big grin
                          Daddy's littel girl.
                            next time, why don't you try setting up the tent inside? If you have a pop-up, that can work. That way they can get used to one strange thing (tent) at a time (before outside). But no, the end result's not that surprising for a first try. Perhaps sometime when you're not tired you can stay out overnight with them in the tent... by the way, one thing about WY that you may have forgotten - the dry, windy climate! You'll get dehydrated a lot faster, even by just standing still in the wind... bring lots of water when you go out, and have fun!
                            We considered setting up the tent on the deck outside our bedroom, but gave the kids the choice. They wanted the yard, so the yard is what they had. I wasn't surprised, but we'll give it a try some other night. And they have this little tiny, kids pop-up which fits the three of them, but not a chance I'd fit in there too!! Maybe if it were just two of the kids, I could wedge myself in, but not all three! And thanks for the info on Wyoming. I'll bring lots of water & go easy on distance. I'm concerned about the elevation too. I live at approx 700ft, I'm going to a place at 5000ft. Any recommendations from anyone about running at elevation when you are a flatlander??
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

Like I said earlier: walk. There will be plenty of time to run when you get back, and I think you will be unpleasantly surprised if you try to go running. Walking will be enough of an aerobic exercise, trust me! When I lived there we used to laugh at people coming up to our 8,000 ft and thinking they could go running right off... Some managed to run for a little while, but they all ended up walking. Save yourself the embarrassment and grief - go out planning to walk and you'll be happier. Have a great time! edited to add: 5000's not as bad as 8000, but you're going on VACATION, not trying to run a race up there, right? Why make it more stressful? Get your exercise in by cross-training - hiking, horseback riding, and whatever else you have planned. We'll be here when you get back!

Ok, point taken & good advice!! Smile When we were in Colorado last summer at 10,000 and higher, I could barely walk 20ft to pee without feeling winded & dizzy! And I had a day or so of the "altitude sickness" stuff too. Walking will be fine, and we'll be doing lots of riding too. I can't wait to go, I'm so excited!!!