Running is for sissy men! (Read 138 times)

I know so because a fat guy in a pickup truck yelled that at me today as I was outside a'huffin n puffin trying to get my 26 year old body into something resembling my former level of fitness!

He's prolly right! Make amurica gr8 and fat again fuk yeah!! When real men were real men!

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

I sometimes jog on a path just to the side of a highway. At those speeds all I hear is "yughahhe fughhraewshha".

I sometimes jog on a path just to the side of a highway. At those speeds all I hear is "yughahhe fughhraewshha".

The fact that they don't understand how the doppler effect works only serves as a statement to their intelligence.

At least he didn’t throw a burrito at you

Still kicking

Most of the fat guys who yelled at me when I was 26, are long dead now.

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

Feeling the growl again

Always wondered if they knew how stupid they sound.  A couple times I've had to stop running because I started laughing.

At least "Run Forrest Run" has finally, slowly, died out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I know so because a fat guy in a pickup truck yelled that at me today as I was outside a'huffin n puffin trying to get my 26 year old body into something resembling my former level of fitness!

He's prolly right! Make amurica gr8 and fat again fuk yeah!! When real men were real men!

It's a funny thing, cuz if you look at photos of average people at the lake or beach prior to 1980, almost all of them would be called "skinny" now. "Fat" was a 6' guy who weighed 200lbs, and everyone felt sorry for them for being so fat, which meant a lack of self control.

A crowded day at Hermosa Beach. The photo is undated but appears to have  been taken prior to the reconstruction of the… | Vintage beach photos,  Hermosa beach, Beach

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

It's a funny thing, cuz if you look at photos of average people at the lake or beach prior to 1980, almost all of them would be called "skinny" now. "Fat" was a 6' guy who weighed 200lbs, and everyone felt sorry for them for being so fat, which meant a lack of self control.

A crowded day at Hermosa Beach. The photo is undated but appears to have  been taken prior to the reconstruction of the… | Vintage beach photos,  Hermosa beach, Beach

Agreed, and yet I also cannot give you a definitive answer on why I run still. Clearly doesn't get the chicks, at least in my relatively romance-less college-to-dropout experience, then you get a little older and find out a gut isn't too sexy either so I started running again. I ran a lot in HS and starting up again felt like reawakening long dead neural pathways. Like booting up a windows 95 machine. I also smoke pot. Sometimes I smoke pot and then run. I basically do this rather than taking antidepressants ha ha. Someday I'll run a HM again. I just stay focused on running period because the older u get the harder it gets to pick up if you lay off