First 100 mile Month!!! (Read 1117 times)

I just completed my first 100 miles in a Month! Big grin And I still have 5 days left to add a little more to the total. I feel great, and Im looking forward to October!
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm about 7.5 miles from that milestone, myself--it's pretty cool! I will also be surpassing that 100 mile mark. We rock! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congrats, y'all! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Go Pre!

That's great Running Man...and I see you had 4 day s off in a row there to boot! Stop now...dont make it too hard to beat your monthly record in October! Smile

Go Pre!

congrats to you too zoom zoom! I just figured out my schedule for the remainder of this week/month and I will end up about 8.5 miles under the 100 mile mark! As much as I want to surpass it, I do not want to over train for the upcoming half marathon. Next month should do it though. Patience is a virtue right?
            vmace

I'm new to all this, and up until about 2 mins ago I was impressed I clocked up 25 miles so far...thinking of the marathon distance! Oh hell, you will be giving me a new target! Still, I'm a month away from my first race ever - 5 miles, and am currently at 4 miles, so for me that is good!! Maybe one day, I'll reach the big league too! Well done, and congrats!
                Way to go, Running Man!!! I'm hot on your trail. Only 11.5 miles behind you. I should be there on Weds or Thursday. Then we can all lift our frosty mugs and toast to ourselves!!! ONON!!! Marc
                  Way to go to all for getting close or going over the century mark...I think my age will get closer before my monthly running Big grin...have been around the 35 mark so have a ways to go before i can even come close to all you great runners, but that is my goal for next spring and hopefully over the winter i can keep pace with my goals, but hard to go from running outside to running on that boring treadmill, but have to adjust to keep my miles growing or will never get to that mark...congrats to all Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
                  scrumhalfgirl

Congrats to all of you! I just hit my first 100K month, which I was pretty pleased with. Maybe 6 months or so down the line, I'll be joining you all.

-Jess

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, it won't take you that long. I started at like 5 miles/week 6 months ago. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Congrats! Way to go and great job at sticking to it! THAT's why we log the miles! Keep it up, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

Congrats! You're truly a stud! And now I'm going to be the party pooper and rain on your parade. I think I just mixed metaphors there. Either way, I'm about to be booed and hissed. But ... well, be careful. Don't do what a lot of people do (most definitely including me) and focus on the quantity of mileage over the quality. And don't think that if 100 miles is good 200 must be better. Or that adding more mileage quickly will make you faster.I only point this out because someone once pointed it out to me. I'd just had my first 200 mile month. After a previous month that was about 60 miles. A litte bit of a jump there. (Um, kind of like your current jump from 40 miles to 100+ ... I peeked at your log). Want to guess how much I ran the next month after that one? Yup. Zero. Those 200 miles I was so proud of kept me off my feet for months, thanks to all sorts of clever ways I'd found to injure myself. Nothing wrong with the 200 miles, of course ... just the fact that it was about a 300% jump in mileage. What an idiot. I had to cancel a marathon I'd been really psyched about, too. I didn't really run again for years. Okay, so I'm being a wet blanket. But I ignored this advice once, and lived to regret it. Since starting again, I've been real, real gentle with the mileage increases (until this month - which is probably stupid, too) and I've stayed healthier. Congrats! ... but be smarter than I was. That shouldn't be difficult Wink

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Thanks to everyone for the Congrats and the Advice! I just run to have fun and do what I can, if thats 100 miles in a month or 40. It just so happened that by running 8-10 miles a run instead of 5 the 100 mile mark was right in front of my face. My main goal in October is my diet, I want to be at 215lbs or less by the end of the month. Even though my miles increased I gained 3lbs! Angry So I am going to watch what I eat and how much of it etc... and hit the 215 mark for Halloween! Big grin
                            What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.

Finished!

Congrats to all on your milestones - and thanks JakeKnight for the advice - I just read the chapter on quality of running and staying injury free in a beginner running book (I don't remember what it's called) that I'm reading as I'm progressing thru my C25k regimen.
                              Walk + Jog = wog.
                              I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                              I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                              JakeKnight

Even though my miles increased I gained 3lbs! Angry So I am going to watch what I eat and how much of it etc... and hit the 215 mark for Halloween! Big grin
                                Kill your scale. It's probably lying to you. I know mine does. Depending on what kind of shape you were in before you started running (if you took runner up in the Mr. Olympia competition, you can happily ignore this!), you'll tend to gain weight as you start training harder. Most people training for their first marathon are really disappointed that they don't lose a pound. But there's a reason: 1) You're going to have to ingest more calories to run those distance; 2) you're undoubtedly gaining lean muscle mass as you lose fat - and as everybody knows, muscle weighs a helluva lot more than fat per gram; 3) a little known fact - when you run distances, you actually grow new capillaries in your muscles, your heart gets bigger, and the *volume* of blood in your body expands, so you're carrying more blood - and liquid is heavy. Use a tape measure around your gut if you really want to see if you're losing weight where you want to. Or get one o' them new fangled scales that measures body fat percentage. I bet you've lost a lot more fat than you think, no matter what the lying scale says. Big grin Or ... you need to lay off the Ho-Ho's. That's also a possibility. Dead

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------