Alum Creek Trail, Columbus, OH (Read 59 times)

Who do we have in the Columbus area? DrewEOB? Others?

I'm flying into Columbus on Tuesday, I have a meeting downtown in the afternoon (1-3pm) then plan to check into my hotel (by the airport) and squeeze in a fairly big run before I have to meet a customer for dinner at 6:30.

Next week is a big training week for me. I need to make this run happen, and make it count.

It looks like there was one last section of the Alum Creek trail that was (or is) still under construction that would let me get on the trail right where Alum Creek crosses Airport Drive. Does anyone know if that section is done, and if I could get on the trail there and head north for an out and back run? Any other advice also appreciated.

Gracias.

Runners run

onefatchick

As I understand it, the trail is not completed to the north of Airport Drive, but it is to the south.  If you want to run to the north you could drive Airport Drive to north on Sunbury Road a couple of miles--there's a big soccer field parking lot  and you can pick up the trail there.  The soccer fields are on the west side of Sunbury Road, just a little bit south of Easton Way.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0489918,-82.9259299,15z

On the above map you can click on satellite and then click on bicycling to display the trail.

MTA: I would also suggest calling the hotel and speaking  with concierge-they may have the latest information regarding the trails near to the hotel and access points.

MTA: The Columbus weather forecast for Tuesday is thunderstorms; that may alter your plans for an outdoor run (but the weathermen here are not always spot on).  I'd check to see if the hotel has treadmills; also local gyms like the Y that you might be able to go to as a paying guest.

Thanks. I'll probably just run to one of the other trailhead/parking areas on Sunbury road.

Runners run