Garmin 305 showing - but not recording - laps? (Read 248 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I figure this is user error, but darned if I can figure out what my error is...

If I turn "auto lap" off on my Garmin 305 and use the lap button, it shows me all the lap data just fine.  But then when I upload the run to RunKeeper...no laps shown.

Now, as I type this, I realize I haven't looked to see if it's the same with Training Connect, or whatever Garmin's proprietary logging software is.  As you might have guessed, I don't use it, and click out of that window as soon as it says the run has been retrieved from the device when I plug it in.  So, I'll look at that when I get home.  But in the meantime, does anyone know of any glitch, or common mistake I might be making that would make it seem to mark the laps for display while on the run, but not record them in the file?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Why not upload to RunningAhead?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

kcam

This problem almost certainly has nothing to do with the 305 and everything to do with the Runkeeper settings.  Use RA instead, or the forums on Runkeeper might be a better place to ask.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Hmm...maybe.  Kind of heavily invested in RK at this point.  I also like the RK app, not for the actual recording (which I find MUCH less accurate than Garmin, of course), but for the live tracking.  Guess there wouldn't be anything long with uploading to both, though.  Might give it a shot after my race on Sunday.

Apologies, I didn't realize RK was in direct competition with RA.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bug with RunKeeper.  However, one bit of info I implied but forgot to mention, if I use the "autolap" feature, it records the laps just fine, even when I upload.  Does the autolap add some sort of tag or marker to the map that manually adding the laps doesn't, that RunKeeper would be picking up on?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

dyuatl

You may need to delete old data. It happened to me some time ago and I deleted data over three months old and problem went away. So now I delete old data on a regular basis.