Major Races Around the World (Read 84 times)

Novia March

Where can I find all the world'd largest marathon races in one place? Is there any website or platform I can visit?

an amazing likeness

Many people use marathonguide.com...or google.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Sashawna Gregory

https://worldsmarathons.com/ is a really good site to visit.. there you will find everything you need to know about any specific race.

RunningDenver

Marathon Tours puts on trips to some of the bigger races.  So if you go to their site, you can see where they go and get an idea from that.

Marathon wise, there's not much bigger than the 6 majors.  Berlin, Boston, Chicago, London, New York, Tokyo.

I'm lucky enough to have completed the 6, and can tell you that it was a lot of fun.  For London and Tokyo, you pretty much have to use marathon tours to get in nowadays.  They have an 'insider' club called the 'Seven Continents Club'.  You pay once to join it, then have an insider track to get into those races.  They can also get you into the others - other than Boston - but those aren't quite as difficult.

If ever you want something 'even bigger' - Id also highly recommend Comrades in South Africa.  Biggest, oldest ultra in the world.  Every runner should have it on their bucket list.  Somehow, someway, get yourself to that race.  I've run it twice now and it's absolutely amazing.  The crowds and history of Boston, but with an added dimension.  Best race I've ever done.  You won't regret it !!

______________________________________________________________________________

17:50 ('11) 37:23 ('16) 1.23:02 ('13) 2:53:22 ('13) 

2019: Leadville 50, Leadville 100, CIM