Elixir 7 or 8 (Read 55 times)

EricR

Question for those who've ran in both Mizuno Wave Elixir 7's and 8's.  If you were to stock up with a couple pairs, and could get your size, would you purchase the 7's or 8's?  In other words, do you think there's enough improvements for you in the 8's to justify the slightly higher cost?

I still have a pair of 7's NIB so I've yet to try the 8's.  With all the talk of the Elixir's coming demise I was planning on buying some more while I could.

Thanks

Hey Eric!

I did a double take, cuz I knew I answered this before... then realized it was on the RWOL forums haha... here is my copy/pasted answer from there..

If you can get 7s at a great price... Then I'd for sure go that way, but I think the fit of the 8 (within the upper) has been for sure enhanced, and find myself only wanting to run in the 8s these days .

of course.. Some of that might be due to the fact that I just like new shiny things!!

Also.... Don't automatically think you will not like what's coming down the road from Mizuno... Because I've seen it, and as a dude who put 90 miles a week in my beloved Elixirs, I CAN NOT WAIT to run in Sayanora!

---------

Resident Sk8r boi

I just picked up the 8's after closing out my 7's at 450 miles. I think the comfort of the 8's upper is leaps and bounds over the 7.  The ride is the same, but that socklike upper is the business.

I just picked up the 8's after closing out my 7's at 450 miles. I think the comfort of the 8's upper is leaps and bounds over the 7.  The ride is the same, but that socklike upper is the business.

I totally agree.

---------