Bad Race Night Dreams (Read 408 times)

Sitting a little bored at work (its only been 1 hour since I started... bleh), and thought about pre-race bad dream I had when I ran Victoria last year. I was running the marathon, but took a wrong turn and ended up in some hillbilly backcountry area. I hopped in a car and drove to the finish line, parking the car up on a hill out of site of the main race route, but when I tried to get back onto the course everyone had already finished. I woke up all frustrated and sad because 4 months of training had been wasted away. It took a few minutes to realize this was only a dream. My dream is pretty lame, but I bet other people have some good stories! Lets hear your best race-night (or the equivalent) nightmares/freakouts!

Giant Flaming Dork

I haven't had any bad night dreams, but I (day) dream about running all the time! Clowning around

http://xkcd.com/621/

Jake440

I once had a dream that my cross country team had tied (lol) in a dual meet and that as I tie breaker i had too run the 100 meters vs. their best guy. When I told my coach that I had never run a 100 before he told me to get out there. The other guy got a head start, and the faster i tried to go the slower i went. He won and my coach started yelling at me telling me that i had ran 10.0 and it was pathetic... lol gotta love running dreams