Waving hello! (Read 614 times)

AlexaCT

Hi everyone, 

I stumbled upon RA and thought I'd say hello.

I am a running newbie and I've been perusing running sites to get more info.  I'm 32 and started the C25K program in August, after being completely inspired by my sister's first Ironman. I've lost about 40lbs in the last 6 months, and I finished my first sprint triathlon and 5k this fall.  I am planning on registering for the Brooklyn Half in May. I'm currently running about 4 times a week, 12-16mpw, at a slowwww 12min/mile.

I have never been a runner and I feel like a superstar with every mile I  get under my belt.  I just want to keep this going and improve my distance and pace.  I still have about 20lbs to lose but I'm putting the number on the scale secondary to my fitness level and overall health.

I welcome the advice and knowledge that everyone here has to offer!

I can and I will!

AnnQ

Hi,

What a great start you've made!  That's a fine amount of running and pace for somebody at your stage of things - any stage really.  Have fun with it.

Yes, that's a very good start.  Lots of people swear by C25K so keep it up and don't worry about your pace.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Jenven

Welcome! And Congrats on your progress so far!

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

AlexaCT

Thanks everyone!

I'm looking forward to picking your brain and/or complaining to you as I train for my half.

I can and I will!

bojangles

Sucks running here in CT during the winter months huh AlexaCT? Or I am just a big wussy. Either or.

AlexaCT

Sucks running here in CT during the winter months huh AlexaCT? Or I am just a big wussy. Either or.

It sure did yesterday!  I tried to treadmill it yesterday and gave up.  I'll take cold and wet over monotony any day!

Today was gorgeous though!  Where in CT are you?  I ran down at Compo today and it was glorious!

I can and I will!

bojangles

It sure did yesterday!  I tried to treadmill it yesterday and gave up.  I'll take cold and wet over monotony any day!

Today was gorgeous though!  Where in CT are you?  I ran down at Compo today and it was glorious!

Today was nice indeed. Unfortunately today was my gym sess. Tomorrow is my run day. It will be my luck tomorrow will be absolutely disgusting out. And I live on the shore in New London County. Pretty far east of Compo beach.

AlexaCT

Lets hope we have another mild winter like last year.  I can handle to cold, but I'm nervous to run on the ice/snow.

I hope your area of the shoreline is as gorgeous as ours.  I can't get enough of running down there.

I can and I will!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hi everyone, 

I stumbled upon RA and thought I'd say hello.

I am a running newbie and I've been perusing running sites to get more info.  I'm 32 and started the C25K program in August, after being completely inspired by my sister's first Ironman. I've lost about 40lbs in the last 6 months, and I finished my first sprint triathlon and 5k this fall.  I am planning on registering for the Brooklyn Half in May. I'm currently running about 4 times a week, 12-16mpw, at a slowwww 12min/mile.

I have never been a runner and I feel like a superstar with every mile I  get under my belt.  I just want to keep this going and improve my distance and pace.  I still have about 20lbs to lose but I'm putting the number on the scale secondary to my fitness level and overall health.

I welcome the advice and knowledge that everyone here has to offer!

You are a superstar!  I think my profile still says runners are awesome, and though I have become a runner myself, I still think runners are awesome. Smile

Keep it up!

bojangles

I would rather have it snow all the time than just be cold. Love running during the snowfall. And my shoreline probably crushes your shoreline.

AlexaCT

I would rather have it snow all the time than just be cold. Love running during the snowfall. And my shoreline probably crushes your shoreline.

Haha!! Is it sad that I've only driven past that part of the state?  I'm a New Yorker originally and I've been in Fairfield County for the last 9 years.

I can and I will!

bojangles

Ohhhh you are one of them. It all makes sense now. And to think, I thought you might've been cool.

AlexaCT

Ohhhh you are one of them. It all makes sense now. And to think, I thought you might've been cool.

Oh, c'mon.  At least I didn't ask you where New London is?!

I can and I will!

bojangles

Fine fine. You can get 1.5 cool points. Happy?