*squeals* (Read 702 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was looking ahead at next week's weather...it should get above freezing almost every day! Big grin Yeah...it's the little things. We're still 10-20º colder than the average temperatures, lately. I'm just going to be happy to not have to deal with any snow/ice on the roads. We still have a few areas that are kinda hairy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was looking ahead at next week's weather...it should get above freezing almost every day! Big grin Yeah...it's the little things. We're still 10-20º colder than the average temperatures, lately. I'm just going to be happy to not have to deal with any snow/ice on the roads. We still have a few areas that are kinda hairy.
      We're getting a nice little melt going! It's been in the 30s and 40s for the past couple of days, which has been great. It was supposed to rain all day, but that hasn't happened, so I got a nice late morning 15 miler in some quite wonderful weather. Then I spent 20 minutes breaking the 3 inches of ice up that's on my driveway and hurling 20 and 30 pound blocks of it over the 6 foot snowbanks. Still plenty out there, but I was hungry after having been running for 2 hours so I came inside.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, the ice is pretty bad in some areas here. We had a bit of a melt maybe a week ago...but the ground is still frozen, so all that water had nowhere to go. Then the temps dropped again, so there are areas that are closer to skating rinks than roads--like our little shared driveway. The other day the mail truck was stuck...not really stuck, just not able to move. Wheels spinning in place while the truck sort of slid around in random directions with 0 traction. It was kinda funny.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Snow today! Way down here in Jaw-juh. It'll be in the 60's by Monday though.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

60s...man, I don't remember what that feels like. I'm gonna feel naked once we hit 50s and I start baring my legs and arms again.

~ Sarah Kay

I prefer the cold, but I am getting reeeaaalllyy tired of running on ice, frozen snow, frozen slush, etc. It is killing my ankles, bottoms of feet, etc. So if the warmer weather brings a melt down, so be it!

A Saucy Wench

It was a bit on the cool side at the beginning but I wore shorts and a tshirt for my race today. ~44 and cloudy Heaven.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Lisa3.1

Yes, I can't wait for it to warm up so I'm not running around in circles at the club, it gets boring, and the same bunch that's there when I am there.

The Greatest of All Time

It's still cold in Chicago. I have a 5k next Sunday and according to the forecast, the high will be 35. I am SOOO tired of winter. It has been very cold and very wet. Living in Hawaii and Texas made a winter hater out of me.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wind...ick. I am sick of my face being numb for so much of my runs. Angry

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

23 and it feels like 12 here. Winter sucks but we can al HTFU for another couple of weeks.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

we can al HTFU for another couple of weeks.
                          Yes!! We can do it!!
                            It broke 50 in Boston last week, it felt amazing to leave the fleece hat at home and run in shorts. I'd pretty much forgotten what it feels like to have sweat stinging your eyes. Even just a taste of it is great stuff, like a coming attractions preview at the movies. (*squeals*) This morning the temp isn't bad, but the wind is unreal. I hope none of our friends at the New Bedford half are swept out to sea. Shocked

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mikeymike

I hope none of our friends at the New Bedford half are swept out to sea. Shocked
                              That's next weekend. Though I'm sure it will be windy down there--it usually is. On the weather front, I can see grass (such as it is) in my back yard for the first time since November. Yuck. Turns out I didn't get all my leaves raked up before the snow started flying. Still it's been great to have the snowbanks gone and to be able to use the sidewalks when needed. We're getting there.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On the weather front, I can see grass (such as it is) in my back yard for the first time since November. Yuck. Turns out I didn't get all my leaves raked up before the snow started flying. Still it's been great to have the snowbanks gone and to be able to use the sidewalks when needed. We're getting there.
                                The only downside to being able to see grass is that it's not particularly pretty at first. The few patches of grass we can see are flat and brown. Just think of those leaves as fertilizer, too. Wink We're still a ways off from bare sidewalks...I'm really looking forward to that. It will be nice to have my cotton hanky along on my runs to wipe sweat from my face, too, instead of using it as a snot-rag. Blush

~ Sarah Kay