3 1/2+ minutes off 10K PR and I didn't wear the water! (Read 909 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Old 10KPR: 11/12/06 - 1:13:50 New 10K PR: 4/14/07 - 1:10:07 Plus, as an added bonus, I made it through all the water stops (walking) and managed to NOT spill anything on myself! I'm so proud... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

va

Wow, that is an awesome improvement!!! Shocked Congrats! Was that before or after you ate all of those jelly beans? Big grin
        wow, that's awesome! congrats! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow, that is an awesome improvement!!! Shocked Congrats! Was that before or after you ate all of those jelly beans? Big grin
          It was only a handfull, and that was yesterday... race was this morning. Hey... would that be carbo-loading? Clowning around

3.5 minutes off in 5 months! That's amazing! Awesome job!
            "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
            derek

Old 10KPR: 11/12/06 - 1:13:50 New 10K PR: 4/14/07 - 1:10:07
              Congrats!

Derek

Awesome, Wingz! Nice job!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is seriously awesome--have you been doing speedwork?! I your 10k PR is officially better than mine...mine is 1:11:11...I couldn't have a more ridiculous time if I had tried... Tongue I am thinking I don't want to wear my Camelbak for next Sat.'s 10 miler, but I'm not real skilled with cups, so this could get interesting. I have a feeling I will be wearing it! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL - the cups are quite the trick! ZZ - it looks like your 10K PR is due for some major revision. Looking at the dates and what you've been running at lately, it looks to me like you should be down around that hour mark... Got any 10K races nearby? Evil grin Nope, no speedwork - just lots of trails and 3 weeks of crosstraining 'cause I was ridiculously busy and it's easier to fit in a half hour on the elliptical than a two hour run... Blush

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ZZ - it looks like your 10K PR is due for some major revision. Looking at the dates and what you've been running at lately, it looks to me like you should be down around that hour mark... Got any 10K races nearby? Evil grin Nope, no speedwork - just lots of trails and 3 weeks of crosstraining 'cause I was ridiculously busy and it's easier to fit in a half hour on the elliptical than a two hour run... Blush
                      I could do that same race again this year, most likely. It was really poorly organized, but this time I wouldn't have high hopes, so I won't be disappointed if it's a mess, again. And I'll bet I could get under an hour, too--that would certainly be nice. IIRC I wasn't feeling very well when I did that race and it was hotter than Hades, even early in the AM. Trail running and cross-training do seem to help. And the elliptical is hard work--looks like it did the trick for you! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Congratulations Janell - that is a really great result! Neil Cool (sunglasses because we are having July weather in April here in the UK)

Running ... just keep running!

mikeymike

Congratulations! Awesome progress in only 5 months between PRs!

Runners run

Congrats! That's a lot of time to shave off of a 10K! Smile
                            2009: BQ?
                              That's truly awesome, Wingz! Way to go! Hey Zoom-Zoom, regarding cups, I learned a neat little trick. If you pinch one end closed, you can drink from the other, and you'll get a lot more in your mouth. It works pretty well.
                              Wingz

Professional Noob

mattruns - That works great for paper cups. They had plastic. Any suggestions for plastic? All I've learned so far is to open my mouth really wide - no delicate sipping, lol!