3 1/2+ minutes off 10K PR and I didn't wear the water! (Read 909 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've heard that, too. I wish I had known that for my first race last year...I ended up inhaling water and choking it...as well as wearing it! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

Hey, what's wrong with spilling all over yourself?! Great job, Janell! Nice time!!! Big grin
      deb
        Nice Job! Congratulations.

Member Since 2008

Way to go Janell!!

Now that was a bath...

Awesome improvement Janell!
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow, you really are a lot faster without all that "water weight" Black eye Actually, it's great to see all the hard work paying off! Woot! Way to go...you rock! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow, you really are a lot faster without all that "water weight" Black eye
                ROFLMAO!!! water weight... Roll eyes Big grin Thanks, all! It's been fun, especially comparing how I did on this race to how I did on the same course but only one lap (a 5K) a year ago. FWIW, last year my 5K on this course was 40:08, at a 12:56 pace. Amazing what a year can do, especially for a slow runner! Big grin I've always said that slower runners have it best because we've go the most room to shave time off our PR's. Wink Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

va

I think we can be expecting a new 5K PR from you soon! (no pressure Big grin)