Mizuno Wave Creation (Read 758 times)

Just wondering how people feel about these shoes. Been using them for anything from sprinting and 400m in 7th + 8th grade to running a half marathon my sophomore year. Used the 7s and 8s and am looking to buy the 10s tomorrow. My 8s have probably over 1000 miles on them but 99% of it was treadmill and road so they've lasted my 7s out a lot. I think my legs and feet are completely tuned for these shoes now and I'm kind of scared to switch.
    Tyler S

Well if you've done so well with them, you shouldn't care what people think.
        I think they are a great shoe. I'm currently running in the 9's
          I'm just wondering since it's all I've ever used. Was tempted to get a new shoe if there was anything better out there, but I guess I'm just the type to always look for an upgrade.
            I wear Mizuno Creation Wave shoes (currently 12) and had no problems the past three years with other Wave shoes. Before then I wore Asics and they were fairly compatible. I just like Mizuno products in general a little better so I stick with them. There is nothing wrong with doing some experimentation from time to time with what works for you.
            USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
            stano

I want buy a new shoes, my asics gt2110 is worn. I tried wave creation in shop, but I think it is a little bit heavy. I am waiting for wave rider (they does not have my size).

SMART Approach

The Wave Creation is a very durable higher mileage shoe for the person who doesn't require stability. It is a neutral shoe with a tad of stability. It has a roomy toebox and good cushioning from front to back. It is heavy - I believe around 15 oz but I like this for normal training runs and long runs because on race day when you are using a 6 - 9 oz shoe, you can fly (it seems). My issue with the Creations 8's was that I would occasionally kick the back of my opposite ankle with that plastic/hard support/cushion bed in heel and break skin again and again when I would get tired/lazy with my stride. I now own the 10's and this has not happened. They feel good and really good for someone who has a bunion because of the soft mesh in this area. Nice shoe! The only other neutral shoe I love is the Saucony Trigon Ride 5 which is the best for bunions but of course the 6's now have a leather strap in the bunion area. Cry

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Treadmill Addict

I'm on my 3rd pair now, and will stick with them as long as they're working for me. : ) LOVE THEM.

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.