First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

mikeymike

Wear a blue blazer with brass buttons

That's what I'M talkin' about.

Runners run

Go the extra mile: wear a brass blazer with blue buttons.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Kalsarikännit

Do NOT wear a blue blazer with brass buttons and jean shorts.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Do NOT wear a blue blazer with brass buttons and jean shorts.

So, just skip wearing pants altogether?

Here's an idea...  Go to court early.  Chances are they will call 20, 40, 300ish people before they get to you.  Just listen to the folks who are in the same scenario you are, and how that particular judge on that day is handling their cases.  At least you'll have an idea of how soft or tough the judge is that is in court on that particular day.

As to clothing.... My guess is that in modern times, you need only wear bluejeans with a belt holding them up at proper waist level and a shirt with any kind of collar on it and you will have outdressed 90% of the courtroom........

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

L Train

Here's an idea...  Go to court early.  Chances are they will call 20, 40, 300ish people before they get to you.  Just listen to the folks who are in the same scenario you are, and how that particular judge on that day is handling their cases.  At least you'll have an idea of how soft or tough the judge is that is in court on that particular day.

As to clothing.... My guess is that in modern times, you need only wear bluejeans with a belt holding them up at proper waist level and a shirt with any kind of collar on it and you will have outdressed 90% of the courtroom........

So if the judge is tough that day, he should THEN go get a lawyer?

And put on pants?  Can the pants be cut-off for comfort?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Outdress everyone but not in a flashy way...you don't want to be a slob or a snob.   You might get 5 minutes with the judge.  You might speak 10 sentences while you are there.  A disproportionately large part of the judge's opinion of you is going to be about what you are wearing and how you present yourself.  Show them you are taking this seriously. Respect their authoritai!  They get off on this...that's why they have the job they do.

**Ask me about streaking**

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Don't hug the cop.

This is what my eyes saw first.

A more or less innocent Freudian slip of the eye.  Just sharing.

Prince of Fatness

Nevermind.  Wrong thread.

Not at it at all. 

--Yes.  That is an option.

--Super quick personal example, I went to court for a "wreckless Driving" violation years ago.(one of a few over the years, lol).  81 in a 55, automatic wreckless, which is pretty serious business in VA, you can do jail time for that pretty easy. There are 6 courtrooms in VB, and I was informed there were 2 female judges who were tough.  If I got one of those, I'd probably be doing a weekend in jail at a minimum.   The judge ended up being a male, and he was super soft on people when handing down sentences, so I stayed, and with no representation and did fine.  ---Had one of those 2 harsh judges been in the courtroom that day, I would have asked for a continuance and could have come back with an attorney or lawyer.  But as it was, I did fine, and would have only wasted 550 bucks had I gotten the lawyer, because everyone else who had representation for similar "wreckless/25ish miles over" fines got the same guilty verdicts and the same level of fine to pay. (Ten bucks per mile over).

JimR

This is what my eyes saw first.

A more or less innocent Freudian slip of the eye.  Just sharing.

You can cop a hug, but you can't hug a cop.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You can cop a hug, but you can't hug a cop.

Maybe Red Bird can cop a plea.

Maybe Red Bird can cop a plea.

I plan to let my lawyer do most of the talking.  I certainly don't expect this trial to drag on like the Jodi Arias trial.  I am planning on wearing a suit and tie.  Can't say I own a blue blazer with gold buttons though.

I plan to let my lawyer do most of the talking.  I certainly don't expect this trial to drag on like the Jodi Arias trial.  I am planning on wearing a suit and tie.  Can't say I own a blue blazer with gold buttons though.

Jodi Who?

Oh, is that the friggin' chick that killed her boyfriend and for some reason, Nancy Grace has to get on TV every damn day broadcasting all kinds of stupid stuff and reenactments and the etc. related to that trial?

Personally I think they should dump all that coverage, because they are just making it one more channel I can't watch. (She killed her BF, over and done with, that deserves about 30 seconds of coverage, who cares about all the other bs?!)

Instead, let's have CNN cover RedBird in the pre-trial, trial, and post-trial.  I'd watch it!  (Hey, it has carried a good audience here for 21 pages and counting...)   Girlfriends killing Boygriends (or vice versa) is old news.  Train Track Felons is new material, and would hold more attention. :-)

---Redbird, good luck at the trial.  I think you will do fine.  And when you find out how much that lawyer is going to charge, let us know. I am curious just for curiosity's sake.

---Also, I vote we sell squares on what the outcome will be.  I am picking "200.00 fine".   Although there is at least a chance it might get dismissed, but I throw that out just because you are in Chicago and they need money any way they can get it.