First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

Red Bird v. Chicago...4 more days!

Red Bird...if you lose you need to do a Tiananman square style protest in front of the train.  Have you considered seeking a presidential pardon?

I'll consider seeking a psychiatrist if anybody, if I lose this case that is.  Actually, I'd really want to appeal it.

muppy

Just wanted to wish Redbird good luck in court tomorrow!

MTA: Apparently I don't really know how to post pictures.  I think the moment's passed now anyway...

Shit Angry The cop even had to take a picture of me running near the tracks.  Which is supposedly trespassing even though I never had any clue.  My lawyer told me how there was no defeating the picture.  That's not to say he didn't try.  Thus I got screwed for $194 of supposed court costs Roll eyes And I believe I have to do 20 hours of community service now.

Not dead. Yet.

How much did the lawyer cost?

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Master of Inconsistency

RAIL ROADED ! Sorry to hear you got screwed , 20 hrs. of community service too .  Good Luck with your appeal !

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

How much did the lawyer cost?

I don't know if there's going to be any charge.  If there is, it won't be much.  I don't really care though.  What the lawyer did was some honest work.  Whereas the whole idea of ticketing me for supposedly trespassing seems dishonest and corrupt.  In fact I was talking to somebody who jogs in the same area.  She started asking me about what they nailed me for.  And she too had no clue that running in that area is trespassing. The Metra cops busted her too.  I didn't get a chance to ask her what she was busted for.

ymmv

post the picture! wouldn't they have to share it with your legal team? I forget the word for that....

post the picture! wouldn't they have to share it with your legal team? I forget the word for that....

They surprised both me and my lawyer with the picture.  I don't have a copy of it.  That doesn't matter to me though.  It's the whole principle of this whole matter that really gets my goat.

Not dead. Yet.

It's the whole principle of this whole matter that really gets my goat.

I can't imagine what kind of "principles" you have to begin with.  You are a convicted criminal after all.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Mostly harmless

I can't imagine what kind of "principles" you have to begin with.  You are a convicted criminal after all.

You'll never get elected mayor now!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Resident Historian

You'll never get elected mayor now!

It's Chicago. Shouldn't that be "you're qualified to be mayor now"?Wink

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

MTA: Apparently I don't really know how to post pictures.  I think the moment's passed now anyway...

Was it this one?

JEANS SHORTS!!!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

They surprised both me and my lawyer with the picture.  I don't have a copy of it.  That doesn't matter to me though.  It's the whole principle of this whole matter that really gets my goat.

While certainly not exculpatory, didn't your lawyer ask for disclosure of evidence in the discovery phase of this trial?  Maybe this is too small-potatoes for that?

So is the 20hrs for a plea-bargain, or were you convicted?  I guess the court costs means you went to trial and were therefore convicted.  Sorry about that.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do