First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

Kalsarikännit

The RA community needs to know these things!

I think we'd all appreciate a full transcript of the court proceedings.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Obviously.

Runners run

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

post the picture! wouldn't they have to share it with your legal team? I forget the word for that....

"it's called disclosure you dickhead"

-my cousin Vinny

**Ask me about streaking**

Mostly harmless

"it's called disclosure you dickhead"

-my cousin Vinny

and the thread that keeps on giving delivers again...

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You'll never get elected mayor now!

Late to the party here, but in IL this gets you to Governor status.

TRUST THE PROCESS

anneb

Quote from WrigleyGirl on 5/1/2013 at 6:59 AM:

Of course!

What is your community service, telling people that they should look both ways before crossing the Metra tracks?

Anne

Quote from WrigleyGirl on 5/1/2013 at 6:59 AM:

Of course!

What is your community service, telling people that they should look both ways before crossing the Metra tracks?

"Picking up  discarded Trash on all rail property, including alongside the tracks.  Grab it quick..."  Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

ymmv

and the thread that keeps on giving delivers again...

it sure does!

Prince of Fatness

"Picking up  discarded Trash on all rail property, including alongside the tracks.  Grab it quick..."  Smile

Can't do that.  That would be trespassing.  Duh.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

Can't do that.  That would be trespassing.  Duh.

Not while wearing the "Community Service" yellow vest!

Runners run

ymmv

An evidence photo of someone mid-track, mooning the oncoming 'City of New Orleans' would be tough to explain away.

Prince of Fatness

So the moral of the story is whenever you run along train tracks wear a yellow vest and carry a trash bag.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

How exactly does this photo change anything? Wasn't your arguement that you WERE running there but did NOT KNOW that it was not allowed? In this case it seems like the photo just confirms what you said you were doing. What are we missing?

Yes, I totally don't get this.  Saying you weren't there, and saying that the metra did not meet its burden with posted signage designating the "trail" as private right-of-way are two different things.

I cannot understand leaving the court and not understanding what the verdict was or what my punishment was, either.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

So the moral of the story is whenever you run along train tracks wear a yellow vest and carry a trash bag.

Yes!   Tell any future Metra Cops:  I'm merely performing my community service as directed, officer."

METRA-NAZI-COP:    "But why were you running just now"?

REDBIRD:     "A bee was chasing me officer... Must have been this yellow reflective vest that attracted it I guess....... "

Approve

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Not dead. Yet.

Yes, I totally don't get this.  Saying you weren't there, and saying that the metra did not meet its burden with posted signage designating the "trail" as private right-of-way are two different things.

I cannot understand leaving the court and not understanding what the verdict was or what my punishment was, either.

The lawyer was going to try to fight it by saying that it wasn't RedBird on the tracks.  Since it was proven to be him, there was no case.  I don't think not knowing it was trespassing is a valid excuse.  And getting them to open a complaint about the signage would probably take opening up a whole other suit against them.  It was a criminal lawsuit against RedBird, not the Metra.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?