Bought a Volvo S80 T6... (Read 123 times)

Better I Leave

...a used one, but a damn nice ride and in excellent condition. Low miles for a 1999 (120K), primo condition, turbo...a FAST!!! $4500 bucks! I love my Excursion, but I gotta say...this Volvo is a smooth, spacious, quick ride. Smile

an amazing likeness

Nice ride. Great seats. Unfortunately, not a model/year known for it's reliability. Better hope the previous owner has already replaced the electronic throttle body...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Better I Leave

Nice ride. Great seats. Unfortunately, not a model/year known for it's reliability. Better hope the previous owner has already replaced the electronic throttle body...

Funny you should say that...He has. The guy I bought it from is a local mechanic and the vehicle was his fathers who unfortunately lost his license due to his vision (sad because that happened to my father). The father is former military and kept meticulous records of maintenance. I really scored on this and I'm pretty handy at spinning wrenches myself. My son had an Audi that I helped him save thousands of dollars by showing him how he can fix "stuff" by himself.

The only thing I see wrong right now is the heated driver seat does not work. Should be easy enough to repair. I purchased the Service Manual and the diagnostic scanner tonight, so I'm ready. Smile

an amazing likeness

You can self-wrench on all the mechanical systems, but to touch the electronics you need the Volvo VADIS service software to add/delete any of the electronic modules or to get the electronics to recognize any newly installed parts.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Better I Leave

You can self-wrench on all the mechanical systems, but to touch the electronics you need the Volvo VADIS service software to add/delete any of the electronic modules or to get the electronics to recognize any newly installed parts.

Read up on the VADIS too. I can torrent it, but I'd rather purchase it. I still have "stuff" I need to get, but I have the expertise to support this vehicle. I don't believe in giving my money to a mechanic who can do what I can do...if I can help it.

Like I said, I helped my son w/ his Audi. Dropped 350 bucks on diag software for his ride, but it paid for itself over time.

Auto mechanics ain't what it used to be when I rebuilt my 302 and dropped in my 65 'stang, but the fundamentals are still the same...and I've got a software background (BSCS) w/ a AA in Digital Electronics.

No Talent Drips

UsednAbused

sounds like a good deal.