New Running Site! (Read 1350 times)

black coffee

There's a new running site everyone may enjoy...kind of fun www.runningdork.com Thought this forum may enjoy it.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ick, spam.
      black coffee

spam is when you put up useless or unrelated information pertaining to a particular forum. this is a running forum. the thread is running related. relax.
          I am not a fan of a running site that has a headline stating that anyone who votes for McCain is a moron. I am not sure what my politics have to do with my running, but I can say with certainty, my running related socialization will not take place on that site.

A Saucy Wench

gee I've heard there is a pretty good forum around here somewhere...

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Do they put Runningdork on their T's? Evil grin No intention of going there but from the name it seems, derogatory to runners Confused

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Whatever. I'm very relaxed, thank you! Tell us about yourself.

Dave

gee I've heard there is a pretty good forum around here somewhere...
                  Some conservative a-hole has started posting in there though and the place is going to the birds...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

black coffee

You can't always control what people post. If you moderate it, you get criticism. If you don't, you still get criticism. It's a no win situation. Someone said they don't like McCain, the person who runs the site is the idiot. Someone puts up a site called running dork and someone else is offended because..."Runners aren't dorks!!!" It's not that big of a deal, really. If you like the site, good. If you don't, that's okay too. Don't visit it. Teresadfp, I wouldn't mind talking to you about the sport of distance running. Tell me, what are your credentials...then I'll tell you mine.
                      Pop up type things ... little real posting ... awkward to navigate ... Yeah, the name fits. So does this place's ... it's so far AHEAD.

Queen of 3rd Place

Checked it out, all I can say is ACK! Absolutely awful! Arla

Ex runner

With that site's name I would expect more dorky stuff, statistics, very thorough training plans/etc for us dorks to obsess over! The way the whole site is set up is like a very half assed newsfeed/forum combo, with very limited access to discussion, given how quickly something can fall off of page 1 (especially with the wide range of topics). You probably could have put a bit more time into it before linking it here I reckon. (As a certified user of the Internet I feel confident in my ability to pass judgement on this web site)
                          marathonsucks

Tell us how you really feel... I didn't think it was bad at all. Simple. This forum is plain. No character. Letsrun is simple, but effective. This forum is as basic as they come. Anyway, I'm not going to put down someone's site for no reason other than saying...ach...terrible!
                            marathonsucks

With that site's name I would expect more dorky stuff, statistics, very thorough training plans/etc for us dorks to obsess over! The way the whole site is set up is like a very half assed newsfeed/forum combo, with very limited access to discussion, given how quickly something can fall off of page 1 (especially with the wide range of topics). You probably could have put a bit more time into it before linking it here I reckon. (As a certified user of the Internet I feel confident in my ability to pass judgement on this web site)
                              Why do you say it needs to be improved before it can be put on THIS forum? As if THIS forum is something special. It's not.
                              black coffee

Checked it out, all I can say is ACK! Absolutely awful! Arla
                                That's funny. You're a cranky ol' master's runner...