My running partner died today. Please pray... (Read 2871 times)

an amazing likeness

Oh dear, oh dear.

That's just terrible, scary and my heart hurts for you and what you went through today.  Please take care of yourself.

mta:   A couple years ago in a 10K, a runner went down in front of me. A couple of us stopped to help, and I have never felt so helpless in my life. I had a red Cross certification, but it haunted me for months...did I do "enough". I thought about this again tonight at dinner.  I feel for you with a depth that I can not express in typed words.  If I could meet you in person, I'd hug you.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I really thought that this would about a dog passing away, but this is so much worse. Heartfelt condolences to you.

that is just absolutely terrible, cannot even begin to imagine how that was for you.  already prayed for you & his family.   as milktruck just mentioned be sure to take care of yourself to get through this.

So sorry! 

It's very hard to think of yourself at this time. But,  you might find it helpful to talk to someone.    Don't underestimate how this may affect you.

- Anya

So sorry man.  My heart goes out to all of you.

Sorry to hear this, esp. the circumstances. Good job trying to save him. Prayers for his family and you.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Cool Jump Suit

That just terrible.  So sorry. My condolences to everyone.

So bittersweet,
                This tragedy
                Won't ask for absolution;
                This melody,
                Inside of me,
                Still searches for solution.
                A twist of faith,
                A change of heart
                Cures my infatuation.
                A broken heart, 
                Provides the spark
                For my determination.

heelgrad92

I am sorry for your loss.  It's a terribly shocking story, I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you.  My thoughts and condolences to you and to your friend's family.

rhetorician

this is just a terrible thing to hear; my thoughts are with his family, but also, and especially, with you. Please don't let it stop you running, your buddy would never forgive you...

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half

Thinking of you and his family...I'm so sorry.

terrible. Life's too short and fragile. I'm praying for comfort for your friend's family and yourself.

Queen of 3rd Place

Oh my, soooo sorry to hear this. How unbelievably awful, I can't imagine. I was another one hoping it would be a dog.

Ex runner

Fightinlibrarian

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad  My thoughts and prayers go out to you!

BostonRnr

I'm so sorry for you and his family.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.

TRUST THE PROCESS