My running partner died today. Please pray... (Read 2871 times)

I'm so so sorry.

What a wonderful community this is.  I appreciate your prayers and kind words.  

I promise to share more about Mike and the experience we had together.  I thought about doing that earlier, but didn't know where to start.

I'll get on that soon, maybe later today.

You are amazing - as soon as I finished the first post about his death, I sort of regretted it, not sure why.  But your responses and thoughts and prayers have been an encouragement.

I'll be back on later to introduce you to my friend Mike.

Thank you all.

DespiteMyself

You are amazing - as soon as I finished the first post about his death, I sort of regretted it, not sure why.  But your responses and thoughts and prayers have been an encouragement.

You don't need to regret posting something like this. This is a helping place, a healing place, a place that puts you in your place sometimes, but best of all it's a community of friends that are willing to share experiences ... any and all of them. Looking forward to hearing more about Mike.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot run," then by all means RUN, and the voice will be silenced.

Jiggle Monster

I promise to share more about Mike and the experience we had together.  I thought about doing that earlier, but didn't know where to start.

Thank you all.

Thanks for posting.

Get off my porch

you can take comfort in knowing he died doing something he enjoyed.

+1

Sorry for your loss "Molsen / Mark" .  We will definitely keep you and his family in our prayers.  I can't imagine the shock and horror of having to go through that with my running group friends.   

What was I chasing again?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I for one look forward to it.

Thank you all.

Like Trent, I'm looking forward to hearing all about Mike.  Looking at your log and "Mike's Loop" was a heartwrenching moment.  I home some day you can run that route and enjoy happy memories of a wonderful friend and running partner.  For now, running and stopping at his spot and praying and thinking sound a perfect way to honour him.  Keeping you in my thoughts, you have been through an awful event, and it must be unimaginably hard, but please take some strength and peace from knowing that people here really do care, and also from knowing that you did absolutely everything you could for Mike and I am sure both he and his family are very blessed that you were there.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm looking forward to hearing about Mike and all the memories you made together. 

Michelle

Lazy idiot

I'm sorry for your loss, molsenrunner.  This is very sad to hear.  

Tick tock

The saddest news I've heard in quite some time. My prayers are with Mike and his family.

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                        Mr Play

This is horrible.  I'm sorry you had to experience that and I can't imagine what it must have been like.

You and Mike's family are in my prayers.

I'm very very for the loss of your friend. I thought of him and his family during my run at sunrise this morning where I often see best friends running and enjoying being together. Please take care, A

Recalculating...

Like everyone else before me, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible blow to you and your friend's family. I will certainly pray for you all. How fortunate that your friend, Mike was not alone when he was stricken. You are a remarkable man both for aiding Mike but also for posting and sharing. I, too, look forward to learning more about your friendship. Thank you.

I sit here trying to think of what to say, to understand how you must feel, and I really can not comprehend.  We hear of things like this happening, and we say it can't happen to us, even though it sits in the back of our thoughts.  I'm truly sorry for your loss and sorry you had to experience the event.  Mike was lucky to have you as a friend.  I will say a prayer for you have his family today.