What does running @ 2-3% below "LT" feel like? (Read 513 times)

My Hero

I have read somewhere that running 2-3% below ones Lactate-Threshold Intensity is the effort used in running a half marathon. So, what if a person doesn't really know what his/hers LT is, what would that effort "feel" @ that pace? Thanks, Tom
    Scout7

Whoops, went the wrong way. Well, it would feel like you were running your HM pace. That feeling sorta depends on the person.

The voice of mile 18

for LT it feels like: -5a Threshold Z5a is your LTHR, and is usually marked by a sudden increase in breathing. Training at or just under this level is extremely useful. Improved lactate tolerance and economy. "Tempo" pace. For the run, this is about 10 secs per mile slower than 10k pace. Starting to breathe harder (Z4) to breathing hard (5a) stolen from : http://www.cruciblefitness.com/etips/training-zones.htm hope that helps

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Hard but not too hard. For me it usually translates to 3 steps per inhale / 3 steps per exhale, driftin toward 2 steps after 45 mintues of that effort. Or therabouts. For training purposes it's not actually all that important that it be exactly 2% or 3% below LT, even if it were possible to measure that while running.

Runners run

My Hero

for LT it feels like: -5a Threshold Z5a is your LTHR, and is usually marked by a sudden increase in breathing. Training at or just under this level is extremely useful. Improved lactate tolerance and economy. "Tempo" pace. For the run, this is about 10 secs per mile slower than 10k pace. Starting to breathe harder (Z4) to breathing hard (5a) stolen from : http://www.cruciblefitness.com/etips/training-zones.htm hope that helps
            Thanks, Joe. That's exactly what I was looking for. A friend and myself are doing a "half" next week and he asked me the other day, "what pace should I run?" I said, good question, I'll get back to you." I didn't want to just give him pace where he would be running either too fast or too slow. I know what it pretty much "feels" like at that pace, but was having a difficult time explaining it, so I will forward on that link you posted.